PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, we don't relize what we have

jchasse
02-28-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm guilty of getting totally wrapped up in the little stuff. Even though I've got a (nearly ;)) perfect wife, the most beautiful 3 1/2 year old girl in the world, and live in my version of nirvana.

And sometimes - often, actually - it's bikes that re-connect me with how good I've got it.

My “commute” was about as good as it gets today. It was in the teens this morning, but sunny and felt warm on the bike. Cruised into town and it was "Winter Bike to Work Day", so I stopped by a coffee shop (that I go to regularly anyway) and scored a t-shirt, free coffee and a little free food.

I got out on the Zank (with new tubies!) during my lunch hour.

On the way home it was almost 50 and sunny - it felt like 70. I caught up to a guy and his daughter, both on bikes, and shared some of the ride home with them. It was Travis Brown and his little girl. We chatted about stuff, and he actually rode by his own house to carry on what was surely a dull conversation for him, then he turned back when we said so long.

I'm not sure I have a point here, except, appreciate what you've got. And ride.

cdn_bacon
03-01-2013, 06:38 AM
thanks for the good cheer :)

I'm with you on how we sometimes just forget.

yakstone
03-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Taking some time everyday to reflect on how good we have it is something that I could certainly do more of. Getting bogged down with the "small stuff" happens all to frequently.
Life is good. What would it be like to live in Syria?

dub1308
03-01-2013, 07:02 AM
thanks for the good cheer :)

I'm with you on how we sometimes just forget.

I can not wait for warmer weather. I just want to get out on my bike and enjoy a ride.