PDA

View Full Version : Headset help: Need to pick a color!

tmanley
11-12-2005, 08:04 PM
I've got a CDA on order with a white to cobalt blue fade. I'm horrible with colors, so I'm looking for help with which King headset color would compliment this color combination.

-Thanks, Todd

loctite
11-12-2005, 08:33 PM
My bike is Colbalt and white, i used a black the CK blue i thought would clash. Pics here:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=12126

Sandy
11-12-2005, 08:46 PM
I've got a CDA on order with a white to cobalt blue fade. I'm horrible with colors, so I'm looking for help with which King headset color would compliment this color combination.

-Thanks, Todd

I can't really give an answer to your question, but I think tha Cobalt Blue is a wonderful color. I would pick it if I were buying a bike. A fade from White to Cobalt blue will be beautiful. Please post a picture of your bike whwn you receive it. I have thought about selling my CSi (too small) and getting a CDA (all steel ) in Cobalt Blue, with almost no decals.

Sandy

tmanley
11-12-2005, 09:50 PM
The frame should be built out around the 2nd week of December. I definitely plan on posting some pictures. But beware, it's going to be a monster of a bike...I'm 6'9"!

Marburg
11-12-2005, 10:29 PM
If you can't match the frame, you might as well match the components. You going silver or black this time around?

froze
11-12-2005, 11:08 PM
If you can't match the frame, you might as well match the components. You going silver or black this time around?

I agree completely; why go with some odd ball color for the headset when the rest of the components won't be that color? A headset is a component.

tmanley
11-12-2005, 11:30 PM

All my other components will be black (campy, FSA, thomson, look keo, etc.)...

CNY rider
11-13-2005, 07:33 AM
I have an Ottrott with cobalt blue tinted tubes and fork. I looked closely at putting on the CK blue headset and spacers. They do not go well with the Serotta cobalt blue.

sc53
11-15-2005, 02:03 PM
I'd use the CK silver with silver parts and the CK black or pewter with black parts. Or the CK pink--PINK goes with everything!