PDA

View Full Version : Method Bicycle in Chicago

duffeymt
02-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Has anyone worked with Garry at Method in Chicago? I am starting to look local and a little outside Chicago for my transition from carbon over to steel.

Dromen
02-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Know his painter quite well. Have seen some of the frames in the booth. Look quite precisely constructed from just an eye ball point of view. I also know the Gary(?) of Method is quite particular.

Thats all i know.

duffeymt
02-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks! Does the painter have a site or can I see his work anywhere?

Dromen
02-25-2013, 03:35 PM
http://www.chestercycles.com/Chester_Cycles/Welcome.html

Duane's main credentials or what i like about working with him:
1. Worked for PPG(chester cycles WAS his night job) for many years so has vast experience with paint industry and matching paint systems to your current bike in a repair scenario or is you have a special color selection.

2. Is 'THE' Colnago repair painter for NAmerica.

3. He's a cyclist. I have seen him around town with this wackie custom backpack thing carrying a frame and fork to/from wherever.

He has my two Hollands frames in for a little sprucing up now.

Dromen
02-25-2013, 03:37 PM
i think he has painted all of Methods frames since their inception so if you like methods painting, you'll like chester cycles

chwupper
02-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Check out Chester Cycle's facebook page. He recently had a "contest" where he picked 10 bikes to paint for free. I think the winners got to pick the general style, but after that, he had complete creative control. Some of the results have been pretty damn cool. Totally crazy, but cool.

einreb
02-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Another solid (imho) Chicago option is Michael at http://www.humbleframeworks.cc

-Bernie

gavingould
02-25-2013, 09:46 PM
I know Duane the painter! Super guy, does great work, and should probably charge a lot more. Haven't seen any Methods in person, nor do I know Garry, but know some who know him.
I also know Michael at Humble Frameworks pretty well too and a lot of people who have and race on Humbles.