PDA

View Full Version : Nahbs 2014

FlashUNC
02-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Very jazzed its coming to Charlotte.

I'll start bidding on my guest room tomorrow.

Lovetoclimb
02-24-2013, 06:58 PM
If anyone is making a cycling vacation out of it, my road bike tours company will be fully functional by then in the Asheville area!

soulspinner
02-24-2013, 07:32 PM
wow. itll be my first.:eek:

rnhood
02-24-2013, 07:33 PM
If anyone is making a cycling vacation out of it, my road bike tours company will be fully functional by then in the Asheville area!

If they hold it this time of year, paying non-refundable money for a cycling vacation in WNC is a mighty big risk from a weather standpoint, not to mention parts of the Parkway are closed.

ctcyclistbob
02-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I think next year is the year to attend once again (went to Indy on 2009). I'm checking flight costs to Charlotte now, and driving is also a possibility.

FlashUNC
02-24-2013, 08:52 PM
I think next year is the year to attend once again (went to Indy on 2009). I'm checking flight costs to Charlotte now, and driving is also a possibility.

Drive. Bring a bike. We'll go ride.

dekindy
02-24-2013, 09:06 PM

In February? Is that realistic? It snows in the North Carolina mountains at least through late March/Early April and it is supposed to snow 4-5 days this week in central Indiana. Hope this is not part of your business plan.

gearguywb
02-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Should be a lot easier getting in/out of Charlotte.

We had a total of 6 flights cancelled this weekend due to weather. Ended up driving back to KC from Denver today....ugly.

drewski
02-24-2013, 09:47 PM
In February? Is that realistic? It snows in the North Carolina mountains at least through late March/Early April and it is supposed to snow 4-5 days this week in central Indiana. Hope this is not part of your business plan.

Even if it snows, the solar gain in this part of the country will melt the snow by
3:00PM. I guarantee.

Andrew

Louis
02-24-2013, 10:12 PM
That's great for you Charlotte guys, but wasn't it held in Richmond VA just a while back? That's less than 300 miles away. All the north-east guys have to be disappointed. I don't get it.

drewski
02-24-2013, 10:23 PM
That's great for you Charlotte guys, but wasn't it held in Richmond VA just a while back? That's less than 300 miles away. All the north-east guys have to be disappointed. I don't get it.

Lack of unionization probably makes the economics of coming to this neck of the woods more doable. Not making a commentary. As for me I am hoping that will help spark make Charlotte more of a bike transportation town.
I know most of the people who commute regularly here on a first name basis.

Atlanta and Charlotte , NC need more eclectic bike culture badly.

FlashUNC
02-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Lack of unionization probably makes the economics of coming to this neck of the woods more doable. Not making a commentary. As for me I am hoping that will help spark make Charlotte more of a bike transportation town.
I know most of the people who commute regularly here on a first name basis.

Atlanta and Charlotte , NC need more eclectic bike culture badly.

If the bank had bothered to build its shiny new office tower with showers, I'd be commuting by bike most days of the week.

rwsaunders
02-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Charlotte is a major airline hub for USAirways, so getting there is fairly easy from both coasts and the South. I'm not sure about Midwest. Pretty moderate temperatures this time of year too.

drewski
02-25-2013, 06:13 AM
If the bank had bothered to build its shiny new office tower with showers, I'd be commuting by bike most days of the week.

Personally I am at Wells Fargo and I use baby wipes to get cleaned up. I ride in from South Park. The city needs as many people as possible to care about sustainable transportation.
At this time there is aplan to put a rather lengthy dedicated bike lane. Its going to require a massive spread the word and pr campaign to get this done.

Go in 3-4 x's a week by bicycle year round.

Keith A
02-25-2013, 10:06 AM
That's great...finally one that's close enough I can drive to.

ctcyclistbob
02-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Drive. Bring a bike. We'll go ride.

Thanks for the offer, I just might do that. Given that your name is 'Flash' I'll start training now!

FlashUNC
02-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the offer, I just might do that. Given that your name is 'Flash' I'll start training now!

Its like calling the fat guy in the group Tiny.

Lovetoclimb
02-25-2013, 01:41 PM

I live in the area and have been biking in the mountains all winter. The weather in the mid-west is very different having moved here from OH. I was just up at 5000 ft yesterday with no snow and copious amounts of sunshine to enjoy. The parkway is nice, but plenty of other roads put it so shame in my experience. Thanks for the business advice though!

Keith A
02-25-2013, 01:45 PM
Drive. Bring a bike. We'll go ride.If I drive, I will be bringing a bike!

that guy
02-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Just to clarify: the show is the first weekend in march 2014

SamIAm
02-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Easy drive for me. I think I will plan on going.

J.Greene
02-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Just to clarify: the show is the first weekend in march 2014

The NAHBS Facebook feed said the second weekend in march, just to clarify.

JG

that guy
02-25-2013, 10:32 PM
The NAHBS Facebook feed said the second weekend in march, just to clarify.

JG

Guess I'll be there early, clearly.

soulspinner
02-26-2013, 06:32 AM
Its like calling the fat guy in the group Tiny.

Cool. A big slow guy to draft:rolleyes: