PDA

View Full Version : I got the itch again

uncrx2003
02-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Currently riding my newly acquired Cervelo R3 from last season. I got towards the end of the last season so I didn't get much use out of it. I made the mistake of browsing around on Competitive Cyclist and saw a bunch of Ridleys on sale. I've always thought the Noah is pretty sexy and that frame is heavily discounted right now. How much do you think I can get for the R3 frame? Thinking about buying the Noah and selling the R3 frameset. Thoughts?

Hls2k6
02-24-2013, 04:13 AM
Pretty different bikes. The Noah is something of a less-expensive S5.

I find the R3 to be the single best value on a modern carbon frame. It is a seriously-impressive combo of light weight & efficiency, but the real reason for my comment is that it just rides so damn good. It is probably the best cornering & descending super light bike I've tried (which is a long list). It's brutally stiff & solid in the BB & headtube, but not that harsh riding (comparatively speaking) as a result. I just find it feels really solid (again, compared to other really-light, stiff carbon racebikes).

soulspinner
02-24-2013, 04:45 AM
Id ride the Noah first. Got a riding bud that has one. He loves it but likes my Cervelo a lot.

oldguy00
02-24-2013, 05:42 AM
I have a Cervelo S3, but have had a Ridley Excalibur in the past, and really liked it. I was/am very tempted by the sale CC has on the Noah ISP frames. I do like the geometry of the Ridley's more than Cervelo, better balanced IMHO.
But the pure sexiness of the S3.... :)
If you look at completed auctions on ebay, new or near new R3's go for about 1k give or take.......(consider ebay and paypal fees too...).

ericssonboi
02-24-2013, 05:46 AM
What size is the R3? Could be interested if it fits.

uncrx2003
02-24-2013, 11:09 AM
It's a size 51. I've really like the R3 so far. It was great for my one long distance ride last year. Only thing I'm concern about is how comfortable the Noah will be on longer ride. Riding the R3 on rough road feels like the bike has suspension.

oldguy00
02-24-2013, 02:11 PM
It's a size 51. I've really like the R3 so far. It was great for my one long distance ride last year. Only thing I'm concern about is how comfortable the Noah will be on longer ride. Riding the R3 on rough road feels like the bike has suspension.

Ive had the opportunity to ride a lot of different frames. I always felt that the ride comfort had all to do with the tire pressure, saddle and shorts. And of course, proper position. Cant really believe that between two carbon frames, one would have so much more give to it to provide a softer ride. Just my .02....

uncrx2003
02-25-2013, 09:17 AM
Took the bike out for a ride after 4 months of hibernation. I think the craving is over. The R3 felt great. I doubt the Noah will be any better.

thegunner
02-25-2013, 09:37 AM
had an s2, now have a damocles - (not the same ride at all), but i like the ridleys more than the cervelos. they feel more 'right' in terms of geometry - same fit/contact points and all.

yakstone
02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Good deal. Picked one up for my wife. Now, to make sure she rides with me is the challenge.