PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a trick for Sram hoods?

spaced_ghost
02-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Anyone figured out a good way to deal with that gap in the transition on the hoods with Sram? Thinking I might cut an extra wedge of bar tape to stick in there. Figure 8 wrapping made a huge bump on top of the hoods, non-figure 8 left a giant gap that was pretty uncomfortable to ride on. and before you say I have my hand position wrong, I have gigantic hands and it is not possible for me to get my whole hand up on the hood.

gospastic
02-23-2013, 09:33 PM
http://www.sram.com/sram/road/products/handlebar-gel-pads

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/GPk-k_tfi4HVs2-p6m6OOH4AfzXuPr0eGFl14Rh2NNw/mtime:1346349799/sites/default/files/images/products/accessories/sram_handlebargelpads.jpg

thirdgenbird
02-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Why don't they just make the levers fit properly without this?

spaced_ghost
02-23-2013, 09:49 PM
that's what I'd like to know. this is my first Sram group and the first time I've ever had an issue with any shifters being uncomfortable where it transitions to the bars. I do actually like the rear shifting though. the front shifting is kind of a bugger, but maybe mine needs better setup.

thirdgenbird
02-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Are you wrapping over the brake lever (under the hood)?

This works well with campy

fourflys
02-23-2013, 10:26 PM
I guess everyone is different, I don't have an issue with any gaps... Could be I wrap the bars differently...

spaced_ghost
02-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Are you wrapping over the brake lever (under the hood)?

This works well with campy

I tried wrapping over the hood. It makes a gigantic bump that isn't more comfortable than the gap.

oldpotatoe
02-24-2013, 07:31 AM
Anyone figured out a good way to deal with that gap in the transition on the hoods with Sram? Thinking I might cut an extra wedge of bar tape to stick in there. Figure 8 wrapping made a huge bump on top of the hoods, non-figure 8 left a giant gap that was pretty uncomfortable to ride on. and before you say I have my hand position wrong, I have gigantic hands and it is not possible for me to get my whole hand up on the hood.

Get it??

C'mon, let's not lose our sense of humor.

spaced_ghost
02-24-2013, 09:14 AM
i dont get it? :confused: unless you are referring to the obvious extractable innuendo.

oldpotatoe
02-25-2013, 07:28 AM
i dont get it? :confused: unless you are referring to the obvious extractable innuendo.

What's an 'obvious extractable innuendo'?

Ya mean was I making a wee joke saying the best way to fix these is to sell them? And ship via USPS?

Guilty.

spaced_ghost
02-25-2013, 07:36 AM
oh, got it. yeah. After trying three different bar wrap techniques and riding 40 miles on them yesterday, I agree actually.