PDA

View Full Version : Puh---lease!!!

musgravecycles
11-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I thought that we rode to get away from this kind of stuff...
:crap:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2005/reviews/m2_racer_wrap_and_roll

93legendti
11-10-2005, 11:52 PM
I used an M2 all year. When my phone rings, I can easily see if it is my wife, which must be an emergency if she calls when she knows I am riding, or anyone else--which I ignore.

A friend rolled a tub on a solo ride and fractured his femur. He didn't have a cell phone on him and had to try and flag down a car while unable to stand-- which took him a lot longer than he wanted it to in his state. I will NEVER ride without a phone. To me it is an essential emergency tool.

Kevan
11-11-2005, 06:12 AM
what with the new iPod you can watch your favorite "Lost" episode while climbing Mt. Ventoux.

Why there's nothing wrong with that!

gdw
11-11-2005, 06:26 AM
A friend who just completed the New York Marathon was amazed that the organisers had to instruct the runners to move to the side of the road if they needed to use their cellphones. She talked with a runner, who took over four and a half hours to complete the course, who claimed that there were quite a few twits who actaully were carrying and using their phones to update friends and family on their progress. Sad.

Fixed
11-11-2005, 06:30 AM
bro I'm with you and get rid of the t.v. and the car too . cheers :beer:

toaster
11-11-2005, 06:38 AM
Anybody seen a bicycle rider wearing one of those Bluetooth or whatever device on their ear which allows for cellular communication?

Kevan
11-11-2005, 07:47 AM
I think a French press would be an acceptable installation on a Singer.

musgravecycles
11-11-2005, 08:48 AM
Fixed I'm with you bro on the TV. We don't have a TV or a cell, and the drivers corrupted for the DVD player on this computer so it doesn't work anymore.

My wife however whould say that it's unfortunate that the web browser still works mighty fine (something about some bike forum on the internet... Even though he's not a frequent poster, he reads almost every word).... ;)

93legendti I've been in a couple occasions when a cell would have been nice in an emergency, fortunately someone in our group always has one...

OldDog
11-11-2005, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=musgravecycles]I thought that we rode to get away from this kind of stuff...
:crap: QUOTE]

I do. Riding by myself is the only time I get to be by myself, alone time. Wife, kids, family, friends, colleuges, etc., I love them all, but I like to be by myself once in a while too.

Workers on the floor here were battleing over radios, this one top country, that one machine head music. They kept getting louder and louder, I banned all radios and issued a headphone type headset with a built in radio and adaptor for an ipod. Now they all bop around like zombies nodding their heads.
The peace is beautiful.

I thinks it's sad we have become a society addicted to this electronic stuff. It has it's place I guess.

And then there's the soccor mom in the Excursion with the flip down tv and stereo talking on the call while trying to light a butt...we won't go there, will we?

Wayne77
11-11-2005, 09:08 AM
Anybody seen a bicycle rider wearing one of those Bluetooth or whatever device on their ear which allows for cellular communication?

Those Bluetooth things are the ugliest (and dumbest) things I have ever seen. They make the person wearing it look like a freaking Borg from Star Trek. Every time I see one, with the little blue lights I think I'm going to be assimilated into the collective- "Prepare to be assimilated!". Oh no! Run Away! I don't want to be assimilated Mr. Borg sir! Please oh please, go assimilate someone else!

Stupid Stupid Stupid! If I ever need a cell phone implanted into my ear, its time to throw in the towel..I'm done, somebody get me a pine box. -Might as well have a feeding tube inserted, a palm pilot glued to your hand, and one of those vibrating pagers stuffed up your arse.
<end of rant>

Back on topic, I take a cell phone with me on rides but leave it turned off. I can't hear the wimpy little thing ringing when I'm riding anyway.

Wayne77
11-11-2005, 09:16 AM
And then there's the soccor mom in the Excursion with the flip down tv and stereo talking on the call while trying to light a butt...we won't go there, will we?

Don't get me going on Excursions and soccer moms..

Soccer mom + Walmart Parking Lot + casserole recipe didn't turn out right + ornery spoiled brats in back + bad hair day + "how do you work this stupid cell phone" + frustration + feeling of empowerment behind the wheel of an Excursion = DANGER!!!!

Tailwinds
11-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Don't get me going on Excursions and soccer moms..

Soccer mom + Walmart Parking Lot + casserole recipe didn't turn out right + ornery spoiled brats in back + bad hair day + "how do you work this stupid cell phone" + frustration + feeling of empowerment behind the wheel of an Excursion = DANGER!!!!

Don't get me going, either! :butt: :crap:

Here's another similar equation:

Soccer mom + looking left for her children playing ball = driving into ME + destroying my helmet and my new Kirk

Oh yeah, cell phones came in handy that day.

e-RICHIE
11-11-2005, 09:45 AM
... destroying___my new Kirk

those cages...
how do the bottles fit?

Tailwinds
11-11-2005, 09:51 AM
e-Richie, I now have to wear a CamelBak! :eek: :help:

Makes me ponder how a carbon bike would have held up. :fight:

ergott
those cages...
how do the bottles fit?

How many grams are THOSE cages.

Wow. It hurts to see such a nice bike get roughed up like that. I hope you are OK. Is the frame alignment out? It looks like the frame is worth saving.

Roy E. Munson
The seat angle suggests you may be Uncle Bob.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5630929857

Tailwinds
11-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I hope you are OK. Is the frame alignment out? It looks like the frame is worth saving.

Thanks, I am ok -- NOW. The frame is completely TOAST. I could post more pics, but it hurts to do so. :(

If you look closely, you will see that it is completely bent inward from the left side. The seatstays are detached and bent (even more than they already were!), and there are several buckles and crimping in the tubes. I sent my fork and stem to Dave. He says the fork is a goner, but the stem is good. So, at least I have a stem. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I have a new "Uncle Bob" feature... the detachment of the seatstays from the seat lug adds to the suspension of this bike.

e-RICHIE
11-11-2005, 10:06 AM
i hate to ask...
how young was this pup?

Tailwinds
11-11-2005, 10:09 AM
FIVE WEEKS!
:crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap:

e-RICHIE
11-11-2005, 10:12 AM
your's lasted longer than this one did:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/album?.dir=ca3f&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/my_photos

djeva hear the one about the roof rack and the garage?

Ginger
11-11-2005, 10:13 AM
OMG look how BAD your bike is screwed up! They'll NEVER be able to straighten those seat stays out! :p

ergott
11-11-2005, 10:20 AM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/album?.dir=ca3f&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bobbesrs/my_photos

That's a warranty issue, right? "I was just riding along and hit a twig in the road!" ;)

Tailwinds
11-11-2005, 10:20 AM

OUCH! :eek: R.I.P., pretty little red Sachs bike. I hope the rider is ok! I manged to kinda protect my bike w/my leg. Looks like your guy had a head-on collision w/something.

WHICH one about the roof rack and the garage? I could never have a roof rack being a blond and all that...

ergott
11-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Thanks, I am ok -- NOW. The frame is completely TOAST. I could post more pics, but it hurts to do so. :(

If you look closely, you will see that it is completely bent inward from the left side. The seatstays are detached and bent (even more than they already were!), and there are several buckles and crimping in the tubes. I sent my fork and stem to Dave. He says the fork is a goner, but the stem is good. So, at least I have a stem. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I have a new "Uncle Bob" feature... the detachment of the seatstays from the seat lug adds to the suspension of this bike.

I remember seeing the first posts of this bike. It's a damn shame. Does the driver's insurance cover your bike (+whatever medical treatment you needed/need)?

ergott
11-11-2005, 10:26 AM
OUCH! :eek: R.I.P., pretty little red Sachs bike. I hope the rider is ok! I manged to kinda protect my bike w/my leg. Looks like your guy had a head-on collision w/something.

WHICH one about the roof rack and the garage? I could never have a roof rack being a blond and all that...

1 Bike on roof

2 Car goes into garage

3 Bike still on roof

4 See photos above

Tailwinds
11-11-2005, 10:27 AM
I sure hope so! I don't know yet. Tom B. is taking care of this. I have a feeling this issue is in the very best hands. :beer:

How young was the Sachs? See, I told you I had blond issues!

Kevan
11-11-2005, 10:34 AM
I have blond tissue issues too.

But I DID get that one.

So much pain in this world... so much pain.

BumbleBeeDave
11-11-2005, 10:35 AM
. . . for emergencies, and always keep it turned OFF unless I have said emergency. Being reachable to friends, daughter, ex-wife, idiots at work seeking to transform their lack of planning into my instant headache do no qualify as "emergencies."

BBDave