PDA

View Full Version : Ooops! Suggestions for frame decals/stickers

mcallen
02-22-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm looking to tidy up the aesthetics on my CAAD9 build. Specifically, I am looking for some decals (ideas, links, etc.) to cover two spots on the top tube of my CAAD9 where there is text under the clear coat. Here's the bike:

http://i50.tinypic.com/33ff1gn.jpg

This was a team frame I got used, and there was black vinyl covering most of the space between that green square and the head tube. I like the raw aluminum, so I removed the black vinyl (which was over the clear coat) only to find text underneath the clear coat ("Financial Advisors" on this side is not too bad, but "H&R Block" on the other side is much bigger). The green squares are under the clear coat, so they stay. I could try to get some Cannondale stickers, but I would prefer something understand but related to cycling so that when people look at the text they think "Hey, that's cool!" instead of "Huh, financial advisors. That's cool . . . "

It's pretty busy right now with all the colors and shapes, but I am tidying it up (matching bottle cages, all black tires, change the bar tape to Fizik black or green to match the saddle, remove the zipp ties from the down tube, etc.)

oliver1850
02-22-2013, 02:56 PM
I've got flaws on a couple of bikes that I'd like cover up, mainly touched up paint chips.

What about a Shimano sticker, or something related to the Liquigas team?

gemship
02-22-2013, 03:01 PM
One suggestion is to have some fun with it. I mean how about taking some 1000grit to start or finish or even start with some 400 grit and finish with the 1000 grit and wet sand off the H&R Block. Then try putting something in it's place that you like for a saying such as "my ride" or your initials or nothing and maybe give it a respray with clear allow to dry and then polish the finish with a a light wet sand or polishing compound.

Peter P.
02-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Ask around at hot rod or custom motorcycle shops for referrals to people who do airbrush work. Maybe even ask around at tattoo parlors.

Work with an artist, have them draw up concepts, and let them go to work.

mike p
02-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Go on eBay and type in custom decals, you can make up anything and any size you want.

Mike

Jaq
02-22-2013, 07:32 PM
"McCain Palin 2008"
"Gore Lieberman 2000"

Or, going waaaay back...

"Fritz & T--s"

Forgot to add: beautiful bike, btw.

dancinkozmo
02-22-2013, 07:40 PM
how about...