PDA

View Full Version : Winter Clothing for CA refugee

jeffg
12-15-2003, 12:01 PM
I know that many of you swear by Assos; however, it just doesn't fit me well. Otherwise I would consider the (Serotta) Roubaix and/or Gator jackets, but there you have it. I have used Castelli clothing with great success, but I only have clothing for Northern CA, not Northeast winters. I used a mid-weight jacket with layers (base and LS jersey) into the high 30s, but I really need something more. Does anyone have experience with the Castelli Pendragon Jacket? It looks good for my purposes (20-55 degrees), but I would appreciate any feedback. Hopefully PT will be over soon and I'll be free to freeze out on the road!

best,

Jeff

dnovo
12-15-2003, 12:06 PM
The Castelli stuff is decent. I would not rate it as highly as Assos, but if Assos doesn't fit, then there is no reason to use it. You may also want to consider the Biemme Atex winter jacket, distributed by Trialtir (the Colnago folk) and available at various places including Cbike. The Biemme is much less expensive than Assos or Castelli. PI is decent as well. Dave N.

Climb01742
12-15-2003, 02:57 PM
i've had very good luck with stuff from craft. rode yesterday when it was 9 degrees and was fairly toasty. you can see their stuff at www.craft-usa.com

Kevin
12-15-2003, 05:11 PM
JeffG,

I have always found Castelli to be comfortable and warm. I have the Stratoshear jacket. Very warm down to about 25 degress. I start using it at about 45-50 degrees.

Kevin