PDA

View Full Version : OT are you smarter than an NFL prospect

rwsaunders
02-20-2013, 11:24 PM
If you flunk the test, are you promoted to running back?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1535104-how-smart-are-you-take-the-wonderlic-test-find-out?hpt=hp_t2

Louis
02-21-2013, 01:56 AM
They don't tell you how long you have to answer the mini-test. Or if they do, I missed it.

Bruce K
02-21-2013, 04:23 AM
Most of them are pretty easy.

A couple I would consider tricky.

Number 9 took a bit of thought.

BK

dancinkozmo
02-21-2013, 05:38 AM
i failed......dammit

oh well , must head off for another day of work at air traffic control.

fuzzalow
02-21-2013, 06:43 AM
I didn't go past the first page but I get the gist of it. Driver of this test is reading comprehension. RIF. All the questions are easy, but if the question has to be re-read while taking the test, that is the test score killer.

Real time rapid uptake, as in audibles at the line. A necessary skill for a running back.

Bud_E
02-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I did pretty well on the written test. My 40 yard dash is about a minute and a half. Am I good enough ?

tuxbailey
02-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Say, what is the passing grade?

fuzzalow
02-21-2013, 02:47 PM

If you're a footballer NCAA Div. 1, wait make that, footballer anywhere:

Donne worry'boutdit. Oh, you didn't mean *Grades*, like dem tree R's...If duh guy can run a play and he's a good footballer, who GAS?

torquer
02-21-2013, 03:14 PM

"Wonderlic has said that a score of a 10 is considered literate. If this is the case, why in the world are student athletes scoring low to mid-single digits?
Just to give you an idea, average scores are 19 for a linebacker and 24 for a quarterback. The average football player scores around a 20, the average physicist around a 48, and an average journalist around a 24.

After the fame of Michael Lewis’s book and a subsequent movie, the regular public is familiar with the story of Michael Oher. We know that he grew up homeless for some time and missed many years of schooling. He scored a 19."

http://www.southernpigskin.com/acc/view/morris-claiborne-fails-wonderlic

Louis
02-21-2013, 04:06 PM
The average football player scores around a 20, the average physicist around a 48, and an average journalist around a 24.

Unless you're Einstein, in which case you get a 15.

Echo
02-21-2013, 04:42 PM
I kept thinking that the questions were going to be sneaky in some way, only to find out that they were just straight forward and easy!

rwsaunders
02-21-2013, 07:40 PM
"Wonderlic has said that a score of a 10 is considered literate. If this is the case, why in the world are student athletes scoring low to mid-single digits?
Just to give you an idea, average scores are 19 for a linebacker and 24 for a quarterback. The average football player scores around a 20, the average physicist around a 48, and an average journalist around a 24.

After the fame of Michael Lewis’s book and a subsequent movie, the regular public is familiar with the story of Michael Oher. We know that he grew up homeless for some time and missed many years of schooling. He scored a 19."

If the average quarterback scores 24 and journalists average 24, then BBDave must be a quarterback...true, false or uncertain...:cool:

djg
02-22-2013, 07:00 AM
I don't need to take the test. A Ph.D. A decade or so of university teaching. Then a law degree leading to whatever the heck it is that I do now.

The NFL would have been a better choice for sure, OBVIOUSLY, but NOhhhhh . . . some idiot kid wanted to study model theory. Probably cocky and careless because he had a full head of hair, a Rossin, and a girlfriend.

What I'm saying, basically, is that I flunked that test a long time ago.

Maybe in the womb even.

Louis
02-22-2013, 01:44 PM
The NFL would have been a better choice for sure, OBVIOUSLY, but NOhhhhh . . . some idiot kid wanted to study model theory

Your brain was already scrambled and full of rocks, so you didn't need the NFL.

Sandy
02-22-2013, 02:53 PM
I had difficulty with a simple/elegant solution to #9. I needed to do it by algebra:

x= number of pages of bigger print
21-x = number of pages of smaller print

Solve: 1800x + (21-x)2400 = 48,000

Will someone give me a more elegant solution please?

Also, I am clueless on number 14. Would someone please explain how March is the answer.

Thanks!

Clueless in Maryland

torquer
02-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Doesn't matter if you use an alebraic approach or a cowboy approach; what you need to do is leave this question for last, while you do the easy ones first. Then if you have any time left over, go for it.
Test seems to be about time mangement, which I could see would have application when you're a quarterback with a bunch of 300 pounders trying to crush you before you can get rid of the ball.

Ahneida Ride
02-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Also, I am clueless on number 14. Would someone please explain how March is the answer.

Thanks!

Clueless in Maryland

Sept is 4 months away fro Jan 1.

March is 3 months away from Jan 1.

Scuzzer
02-22-2013, 03:46 PM

March and Sept are equinox months.

Jeff N.
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
I remember reading once that Chargers running back Chuck Muncie didn't attend one class when he was playing at Cal...but as a running back, wasn't all that bad.:) Jeff N.

dancinkozmo
02-22-2013, 07:32 PM

therefore physicists make great quarterbacks

djg
02-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Your brain was already scrambled and full of rocks, so you didn't need the NFL.

The granite of New Hampshire.