PDA

View Full Version : Turbomatic 4..

bostondrunk
11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Is the turbomatic 4 a little flatter in shape than the previous turbomatic models??

Matt Barkley
11-10-2005, 03:57 PM
BD, Don't think so... As long as you are talking about the Turbo Matic 4 and not the Gel. Cheers - Matt

bostondrunk
11-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Actually, I think I am talking about the Gel, simply because that is the one I see more often available...
but i'm feelin a bit...tanked...at the moment.....tell me about both... :beer:

Matt Barkley
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Turbomatic 4 is of the "round" variety in my classification of saddles. Think of a cross section if you cut the saddle through its width, not length. It is round with a more pointed top ctr. vs. a flattened top ctr.. The newer Gel version (actually not so-new - they've been around awhile) is a little flatter accomidating the gel inserts with stitching. Still a narrower, "round" saddle INMHO. Still/was the favorite of many riders, big/mig and small.

Got into some St.Rouge Red Ale last night. How about your BD? :beer: - matt

Spicoli
11-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Matts right about the round thing, they have been my saddle of choice for a while and I have the gel and the regular. They do kinda feel a little flatter than most due to being fairly wide though? I mean thats my take on it, and maybe the gel does feel that way even more so since the gel part is a bit stiffer/less mooshy if that makes sense? Anyhoo I was and am happy with both types, gel and reg.

Jeff

bostondrunk
11-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Turbomatic 4 is of the "round" variety in my classification of saddles. Think of a cross section if you cut the saddle through its width, not length. It is round with a more pointed top ctr. vs. a flattened top ctr.. The newer Gel version (actually not so-new - they've been around awhile) is a little flatter accomidating the gel inserts with stitching. Still a narrower, "round" saddle INMHO. Still/was the favorite of many riders, big/mig and small.

Got into some St.Rouge Red Ale last night. How about your BD? :beer: - matt

Vodka!!