PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Evil Eye sunglasses

SolidSnake03
02-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Hey everyone,

Im interested in these sunglasses and wondering if anyone has experience with them? The adjustable nose and temple angle lookings promising. I havent heard much about them but figured it would be worth a shot to ask around here if anyone has

Thanks

William
02-20-2013, 08:55 AM
No experience with them but they look like a nice wrap around style.

http://www.eyesave.com/images/products/Adidas.EvilEyeExplorerL.6797.jpg

William

Dave B
02-20-2013, 09:22 AM
is that a pad on the top of them for your forehead?

interesting

SolidSnake03
02-20-2013, 09:29 AM
The pad on top is for your forehead/brow yes. I believe it's supposed to help minimize/stop sweat running down the front of your face. It is removable as well.

572cv
02-20-2013, 10:04 AM
I've been using the Adivista for the last few years, as they were among the choices available with prescription capability. I like that I can easily change lenses with the open bottom. They wrap enough to be fine for cycling. I'm really happy with the clarity of these glasses, very light and decent looking when you are just wearing them around.

Adidas seem to be very well made, I think they are made in Austria. I would, however, draw your attention to the hinges for the arms. They are designed to be replaceable on mine, which is good, but if you happen to bend the arms the wrong way, they will snap. I keep a set of spare hinges around- they are a little clear plastic arrangement and easy to install by hand. Order a few when you get your glasses, both right and left.

SolidSnake03
02-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the tip on the hinges, I'll definitely keep that in mind if I pick up a pair. Still wondering if anyone has any real road experience with these?

Marburg
02-20-2013, 06:21 PM
I have a pair, as my first (and only) experience in the world for prescription lenses in the land of extreme myopia (> -7 both sides).

It's hard for me to separate my experience with the glasses vs the glasses w/ prescription insert. Once on, they're quite comfortable, though I find them to be bulky and leaving me feeling "bug eyed." I have worn them comfortably for days but in the end found that while the prescription was good enough for casual use but not good enough for precision work -- mountain biking and driving -- so I can't really comment on how well they'd work on the bike. While the various adjustments (nose piece, angle of arms) seems a bit OCD at first, it does help to find a comfortable position.

For riding I have found a propensity to slip a bit. This may be down to two things: the extra mass of the prescription insert, and perhaps I have a "S"mall head, not a Large.

Re the previous comment, I haven't tested the durability of the hinges but they seem pretty robust to me.

So, a mixed review from me, but I'd take my opinions with a grain of salt -- I don't have a ton (any) experience with other sunglasses, I can't wear them riding, and with they prescription insert they weight quite a bit more than the bare glasses.

M-7
02-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey everyone,

Im interested in these sunglasses and wondering if anyone has experience with them? The adjustable nose and temple angle lookings promising. I havent heard much about them but figured it would be worth a shot to ask around here if anyone has

Thanks

I've been using theme for the last 3 years . Light ,confortable .Glasses are great specialy going from sun into shadow and back to sun .You still see detail on the road in these situation ,practical when going downhill . That foam can be remove or replace as you wish and glasses can be replace if you scratch one .They came in a nice plastic case with 2 set of glasses in different colors.

SolidSnake03
02-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the impressions guys, I'm interested in these glasses because although I don't have a large head by any means *wear all small helmets* I have an oddly proportioned face where I seem to always go with the largest sunglasses to get the coverage I want.

I figured with the nose piece and arm tilt adjust combined with the larger model these might do the trick.

yakstone
02-21-2013, 06:55 AM
I have an oddly proportioned face where I seem to always go with the largest sunglasses to get the coverage I want.
With a comment like that you should post a pic.

SolidSnake03
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
I used to have a couple perfect pictures to show what I meant but it looks like those were lost when I moved to a new laptop this past year. Basically when wearing the Oakley Radar Path's I could slip a whole finger between the lens and my face under the glasses without touching either, that is how far away they sat from my face.

What happened is with the Path and Pitch air was blowing across my eyes like I wasn't wearing glasses at all. The XL Blades had perfect coverage but sadly don't have the money currently *borrowed a firends*
If I actually take the rubber nose piece off the Path's they fit PERFECTLY in terms of close to my eyes and blocking wind however, then they don't want to stay in place on my nose :mad:

I know it's hard to describe but basically my cheeks/face from the eyes down is flat/recessed a bit almost where I need huge lenses to get enough coverage since my cheeks aren't there. I think if I'm able to adjust the temples/angles it might allow me to position them closer/tilted in to help with this