PDA

View Full Version : Old Potatoe was right

gdw
02-19-2013, 06:59 PM
we are our own worse enemy.....at least in Boulder.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_22621316/boulder-police-drunken-bicyclist-tried-strangle-officer-during

mcewen
02-19-2013, 07:07 PM
I don't have anything in common with that kid. He was out at NIGHT in Boulder in February getting drunk and beating up lady police with some girl riding on his bars. That isn't me.

I ride my bike for sport. That guy would be doing this stuff with a bike or without it, I have nothing in common with him.

College kids sure do suck though. Especially in Boulder.

esldude
02-19-2013, 10:15 PM
I don't get the connection either. He was on a bike, just like robbers making a getaway in a car, that hardly taints all drivers. Nor does this taint cycling that I see. It taints drunk college kids with little sense.

bikinchris
02-19-2013, 10:20 PM
That guy wasn't a cyclist.

Part of the problem is the layman sees the guy with the big bags of aluminum cans piled high in black lawn bags riding the wrong way at night as a cyclist. These people are about as much a cyclist as I am a nuclear physicist.
When an 18 wheeler cuts you off on the highway do you condemn all 18 wheel drivers? No, but car drivers see everyone on a bike as "one of those D@MN bikers."

On the other hand, jumior racers playing Tour de France on public roads and blowing though red lights and stop signs DOES taint all of the drivers against cyclists.

gdw
02-19-2013, 10:29 PM
There was supposed to be a dancing banana in there somewhere.

Jaq
02-19-2013, 10:39 PM
I don't get the connection either. He was on a bike, just like robbers making a getaway in a car, that hardly taints all drivers. Nor does this taint cycling that I see. It taints drunk college kids with little sense.

I don't see where in the article that it says he's in college, either. Dude's 24; maybe he's getting his masters in Quantum Asshattery before a PhD in Applied Douchenozzelry.

oldpotatoe
02-20-2013, 07:34 AM
we are our own worse enemy.....at least in Boulder.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_22621316/boulder-police-drunken-bicyclist-tried-strangle-officer-during

Well wait a minute. I don't think it was a 'drunk cyclist', it was a drunk, stupid kid(and there are plenty of those in the republic) who happened to be on a bicycle.

oldpotatoe
02-20-2013, 07:35 AM
I don't have anything in common with that kid. He was out at NIGHT in Boulder in February getting drunk and beating up lady police with some girl riding on his bars. That isn't me.

I ride my bike for sport. That guy would be doing this stuff with a bike or without it, I have nothing in common with him.

College kids sure do suck though. Especially in Boulder.

Where do you live?

BumbleBeeDave
02-20-2013, 07:37 AM
. . . At least the newspaper report doesn't refer to him as a "cyclist."

BBD

oldpotatoe
02-20-2013, 07:44 AM
. . . At least the newspaper report doesn't refer to him as a "cyclist."

BBD

"Drunken bicyclist tried to strangle officer during arrest", was the title.

How about 'Drunk young man'..all that the officer was sure of at the time.

Gummee
02-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Having lived just north of and SE of Boulder for a while, the 'cyclists' in question are typically college students running around town. Not always, but typically.

I can't help but wonder... If they're supposed to be so smart, why are they so stupid?!

I know when *I* was riding around town going to college, *I* figured out that obeying traffic rules kept you alive and out of trouble lots better than not obeying them.

Unfortunately, my 'discussions' with MC riders on other websites shows me that even if they're just 'people riding bicycles,' they're considered 'cyclists' to the unwashed masses. ...and we get painted with the same brush.

M

BumbleBeeDave
02-20-2013, 08:19 AM
"Drunken bicyclist tried to strangle officer during arrest", was the title.

How about 'Drunk young man'..all that the officer was sure of at the time.

Not enough coffee . . . missed the %$& headline! :crap:

BBD

azrider
02-20-2013, 08:31 AM
It was his birthday..........we should cut him some slack.

I hope douche goes to jail for nice little vacay

malcolm
02-20-2013, 09:22 AM
I don't see where in the article that it says he's in college, either. Dude's 24; maybe he's getting his masters in Quantum Asshattery before a PhD in Applied Douchenozzelry.

Really, everyone knows douchenozzelry is a prerequisite to Quantum Asshattery. You absolutely must demonstrate proficiency in douchenozzelry before moving to a Quantum level anything. Please you must respect the chain of command.

William
02-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Really, everyone knows douchenozzelry is a prerequisite to Quantum Asshattery. You absolutely must demonstrate proficiency in douchenozzelry before moving to a Quantum level anything. Please you must respect the chain of command.

http://s2.postimage.org/erjfpnqnd/DOUCHE_O_METER.jpg

;):)
William

redir
02-20-2013, 10:41 AM
He's lucky he's not in a pine box.

mcewen
02-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Where do you live?

Spokane, WA

But I have been there enough to know that college kids suck everywhere.

cash05458
02-23-2013, 10:02 PM
sure sounds like those evil bath salts to me...at least he didn't try to eat her...drunk college kid...can happen anywhere...

oldpotatoe
02-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Spokane, WA

But I have been there enough to know that college kids suck everywhere.

But 'especially' in Boulder?

killacks
02-24-2013, 11:53 AM
masters in Quantum Asshattery & a PhD in Applied Douchenozzelry.

I have these degrees :)

sailorboy
02-24-2013, 06:10 PM
I still can't believe there is a KFC in Boulder...shouldn't this have happened at the parking lot of a whole foods or patagonia store?

oldpotatoe
02-25-2013, 07:20 AM
I still can't believe there is a KFC in Boulder...shouldn't this have happened at the parking lot of a whole foods or patagonia store?

There's even a gun store, a pawn shop, a Ted's Montana grill serving 'Ralfie', a Walmart to be opened, blah, blah, blah.....