PDA

View Full Version : yo NAHBS bros...

mister
02-15-2013, 07:12 PM
if i were you i'd surely make it to this

http://www.renehersebicycles.com/denverdisplay.htm

Louis
02-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Not being one who's "in the loop," I bet there's a story behind this, and not all of it is happy.

pbarry
02-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Will definitely hit the "unaffiliated event". :)
There is more to that story, but I've only heard bits and pieces. Doesn't matter to me, tho, just looking forward to a day of overload on perfect bikes and meeting some of the folks who make them.

mister
02-15-2013, 10:51 PM
don't know what the story is...do know that those three builders really are legends and will surely have some awesome stuff to check out.

oldpotatoe
02-16-2013, 08:00 AM
if i were you i'd surely make it to this

http://www.renehersebicycles.com/denverdisplay.htm

Mostly about the cost to have a booth..it isn't cheap. BUT having an 'off site' display during a show is pretty common actually.

'Conflict' is a way too strong word but there is a gig about this being an 'art' show or a 'sales' show. Many builders want to show what they build, sell frames. Some want to show one-off pieces of art, with the idea that their skill will show and they 'may' sell a more traditional frame.

I see Nobilette all the time, he drinks my free beer, and see Mike Cone fairly often as well. Mostly about the $.

Bottom line is that this is a consumer show, unlike interbike. Good that consumer can see this stuff.

I'm gonna try to get there on Sunday but probably not. Somebody has got to man the trenches on Friday and Saturday.

jr59
02-16-2013, 08:24 AM
Mostly about the cost to have a booth..it isn't cheap. BUT having an 'off site' display during a show is pretty common actually.

'Conflict' is a way too strong word but there is a gig about this being an 'art' show or a 'sales' show. Many builders want to show what they build, sell frames. Some want to show one-off pieces of art, with the idea that their skill will show and they 'may' sell a more traditional frame.

I see Nobilette all the time, he drinks my free beer, and see Mike Cone fairly often as well. Mostly about the $.

Bottom line is that this is a consumer show, unlike interbike. Good that consumer can see this stuff.

I'm gonna try to get there on Sunday but probably not. Somebody has got to man the trenches on Friday and Saturday.

Oh heck, Come on down Peter. I'll buy you lunch!

oldpotatoe
02-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Oh heck, Come on down Peter. I'll buy you lunch!

Thanks but cannot..too much to do at the shop. The 'bag' just isn't big enough this 'preseason' time of year.

My fit guy is a Photog for it,,I'll see the pix.