PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day Rides...anybody else get out?

Steve in SLO
02-14-2013, 02:43 PM
I just came off a 48 hour shift in time to hit a perfect bit of weather here in SLO, CA. About 60+ degrees, fairly calm and beautifully clear. I had time to get about 20 miles in before playing tennis (I know, the CA life is hard), so I took the Eisentraut out for a spin. Each time I ride it, I am reminded that nothing feels like a good steel frame with a good steel fork. Ther is a unique smooth feedback that I've never had with any other combination of frame and fork.
After tennis, it's lunch with my wife and time with kids.

redir
02-14-2013, 02:47 PM
48 hour work shift and then hit the road? I think I'd hit the sack ;)

Nice looking bike there.

I rode my bike to work. In one more hour I will ride home. Just another day :)

velotel
02-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Yep, short one, temp around 3, 4 C, all roads lined with snow. Naturally never even thought about it being Valentines day. Almost lucked out and bought some flowers for my wife anyway, purely a spur of the moment thought, but too many people at the florist and I was running late. Never wondered for one instant why there were all these men buying flowers. Got home, the wife asked if I knew it was Valentines Day. Oops, should have waited at the florist. Good ride though.

Gummee
02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I did an easy hour on the FTB on a MUT. :eek: Good thing it was the middle of the day... :) On a serious note, I passed maybe a dozen people all told. Cross County Trail in Fairfax, VA and I rode from Pickett Rd to the tennis courts over in Wakefield Park and back.

I rode out of Wakefield Park with 11 tennis balls from either 'around the courts' or in the trash can. I have a dog that likes to eat em, leave em in the yard for the mower to run over, etc. so I need tennis balls on a semi-regular basis. Cheap SOBs are us means doing some 'cleanup.'

M

MattTuck
02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
I just came off a 48 hour shift in time to hit a perfect bit of weather here in SLO, CA. About 60+ degrees, fairly calm and beautifully clear. I had time to get about 20 miles in before playing tennis (I know, the CA life is hard), so I took the Eisentraut out for a spin. Each time I ride it, I am reminded that nothing feels like a good steel frame with a good steel fork. Ther is a unique smooth feedback that I've never had with any other combination of frame and fork.
After tennis, it's lunch with my wife and time with kids.

Are there any jobs in CA? I'm looking out my window and see snow :(

zap
02-14-2013, 03:02 PM
two and one half hour late lunch ride.

Just turning over the pedals, spinning hard up some small climbs and pounding the flats here and there.

Nice day.

jmoore
02-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Next four days off for me. Hopefully the weather holds and I can get plenty of miles in. I can use them.

thwart
02-14-2013, 03:33 PM
About 60+ degrees, fairly calm and beautifully clear. I had time to get about 20 miles in before playing tennis (I know, the CA life is hard), so I took the Eisentraut out for a spin. Yer killin' me, Steve.

Here: Gray, blustery, sleet/snow mix. And then a big temp drop for the next 48 hrs...
:help:

scottaharper
02-14-2013, 04:42 PM
My sweetheart and I rode 25 miles from Santa Cruz to Davenport and back on our tandem. Beautiful day and I thought an appropriate way to start Valentine's day.

LegendRider
02-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Atlanta has had loads of rain recently, but today was a gem - clear skies and temps in the mid-50s. I got out for 50 miles with 3,500 ft of climbing.

corky
02-14-2013, 05:05 PM
26 miles around DC, seems like spring today.... woot!

pdmtong
02-14-2013, 05:15 PM
It's 75d right now - summer kit on my steel f/f. February bliss

My wife thinks valentines day should be everyday. So I'm off the hook for all the cards flowers etc that usually happen on the 14th

Tandem Rider
02-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Recovery ride only, legs fried to crispy well done. Got in an hour spinning soft, started snowing during the ride. Gray and windy but that's what the small ring is for.

bargainguy
02-14-2013, 06:06 PM
It had been two years + since my wife had a ride on her nice bike.

Long story, but we had been living in separate states while she was looking for a job in CA while I was trying to sell a house in WI.

When I came back to CA this winter, I brought along her Madone in a box, which I just reassembled today. We went for a ride, beautiful weather here. She couldn't be happier.

john903
02-14-2013, 08:07 PM
I had a great 2 hour rain ride then I came home gave my wife flowers I had bought for her. She then she surprised me with Thai food out for lunch before I had to go back to work. Now iam off for four days. All in all a great day for a ride I have a great wife and I love my job.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Shortsocks
02-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Yeap, Dallas has had off weather the past few weeks, and today was a 72 degree sunny day. 100 miles flew by like nothing. The indoor trainer sucks compared to the real deal. No doubt, I'll sleep very well tonight.
Socks

Steve in SLO
02-14-2013, 08:49 PM
I am glad others got out today. The weather ended up being just about perfect here. Sorry Rest of Country.
Thwart: the road should look familiar...you rode it last year.

thwart
02-14-2013, 09:00 PM
Oh, yeah.

Actually, if I try hard enough, I can actually remember the feeling...

... warmth.

spiderman
02-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Out and back with the dobe girl.
She got scent of a deer herd
And tore off across my front wheel.
By the time I collected myself
And followed her tracks to the road
Where they stopped I thought I had lost her.
Got home to my wife running down the driveway
To where a passerby had picked her up
And had her in their car!
Woah...scarey!