PDA

View Full Version : Ashenden gives McQuaid, UCI both barrels. . .

BumbleBeeDave
02-13-2013, 03:27 PM
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/02/news/ashenden-mcquaid-misleading-public-over-armstrongs-biological-passport_274676

Go get 'em, Doc! :banana:

BBD

MattTuck
02-13-2013, 03:55 PM
I'll be glad when the racing starts. Then atleast there'll be something fun to watch before the doping allegations fly. :banana:

pbarry
02-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Ashenden, David Walsh, Travis Tygart and Betsy Andreu have shown more courage than any doped cyclist who wins a mountain stage in the Tour. All have battled with dragons and been victorious. They are the true heroes of professional cycling.

jr59
02-13-2013, 04:13 PM
yawn.....yawn....

Louis
02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
yawn.....yawn....

Is it truly boring, or is this a euphemism for "Yes, they all (or nearly all) doped, yes the watchdogs were complicit, but I don't think it's actually that big a deal" ? ;)

William
02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Maybe he's just tired and needs a nappy? ;)

William

AgilisMerlin
02-13-2013, 05:04 PM
goodbye Pat'

slidey
02-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I'm with jr59 on this.

My "yawns" mean this: "Yes, they all (or nearly all) doped, yes the watchdogs were complicit, but we're far from seeing these allegations convert to indictments. In fact, wait for Lance to lie to USADA, UCI to reinstate TRC starting with Lance, and then we're all back to square one - a state where no one talks about doping any more, but it continues rife regardless."

Is it truly boring, or is this a euphemism for "Yes, they all (or nearly all) doped, yes the watchdogs were complicit, but I don't think it's actually that big a deal" ? ;)

Louis
02-13-2013, 07:11 PM
I personally don't care that much, because pro-level racing has never meant much to me, but if others take it way more seriously than I, that's fine with me. In the long run if the top echelons of the sport are seriously damaged (however you choose to interpret the word) some does trickle down to our level, but IMO not a whole lot. It sure as heck has zero influence on how much I enjoy riding. I could give the whole issue a big "Meh" but that might imply that somehow I think the misbehaving was no big deal , so I don't.

slidey
02-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Yup, I guess this is the reason why most of us can't look away forever.

I could give the whole issue a big "Meh" but that might imply that somehow I think the misbehaving was no big deal , so I don't.