PDA

View Full Version : First Hamilton, now Heras...

Roy E. Munson
11-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Who's the next rider to leave USPS to lead another team and subsequently fail a drug test? Maybe Landis? :cool:

e-RICHIE
11-08-2005, 08:55 AM
kop, eh?

e-RICHIE
11-08-2005, 09:09 AM
rule number 3:
never underestimate your chimeric twin.

OldDog
11-08-2005, 09:11 AM
what ever happened in the Hamilton case?

e-RICHIE
11-08-2005, 09:17 AM

it was found out that ultraviolet rays are not that bad after all...

cinelli
11-08-2005, 09:20 AM
I thought Hamilton was found to have been
blood tampering, but not positive for EPO.

cinelli
11-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Has George been busted as well?

it was found out that ultraviolet rays are not that bad after all...

christian
11-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Has George been busted as well?

No, that's George's chimeric twin.

- Christian

Skrawny
11-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Tyler was found to have traces of someone else's RBCs floating around in his blood (a la blood transfusion) not EPO. He blamed it on the fact that he must have had a fraternal twin early in eutero which spontaneoulsly aborted but not before introducing a "set" of different blood cell progenitors in his bone marrow. Thus the "vanishing twin." This probably happens in about 1 in 70 births (although some claim it is as common as 1 in 8).

This form of chimerism is measurable with sensitive DNA analysis, and is reportedly detectable in 50-70% of normal people (the major source of blood is Mom), but it remains very questionable whether there could be enough chimeric blood in Tyler to be positive on the anti-doping blood tests...
-s

e-RICHIE
11-08-2005, 04:55 PM
snipped: Thus the "vanishing twin." This probably happens in about 1 in 70 births (although some claim it is as common as 1 in 8).

one in eight?
with those odds, this "twins" condition could be
present among forum members. that's mad painful.

Hysbrian
11-08-2005, 05:18 PM
If i have a twin can he at least go to class for me so I can go ride more!

e-RICHIE
11-08-2005, 07:35 PM

quelle dommage*.
it's not good news.
http://cbs4denver.com/crime/local_story_311163941.html
that'd make him, what, 42 years old?
very zoetemelk.
mad painful, no?

*french for "what cheese".

Sandy
11-08-2005, 07:43 PM
one in eight?
with those odds, this "twins" condition could be
present among forum members. that's mad painful.

I really am an identical twin. That is really painful to a lot of people.

One of two,

Sandy

vaxn8r
11-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Tyler was found to have traces of someone else's RBCs floating around in his blood (a la blood transfusion) not EPO. He blamed it on the fact that he must have had a fraternal twin early in eutero which spontaneoulsly aborted but not before introducing a "set" of different blood cell progenitors in his bone marrow. Thus the "vanishing twin." This probably happens in about 1 in 70 births (although some claim it is as common as 1 in 8).

This form of chimerism is measurable with sensitive DNA analysis, and is reportedly detectable in 50-70% of normal people (the major source of blood is Mom), but it remains very questionable whether there could be enough chimeric blood in Tyler to be positive on the anti-doping blood tests...
-s
1 in 8 to 1 in 70...but he's the only "twin" in the entire peleton...so it makes you wonder about those numbers don't it?

andy mac
11-08-2005, 09:45 PM
i thought perez, his teammate, was his twin?

maybe identically stupid twin?

hmmm, and 3 others on the phonak team tested positive for other stuff during the last year. how many even on a team?

please, some outrage for the non US riders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and our good friend heras... from velonews.com:

While Heras has never been linked to a doping case during his professional career, his Liberty Seguros team has had a rocky road this season. Two riders were suspended from the team earlier this year after testing for high levels of hematocrit, which indicates - but does not prove - the presence of EPO or other types of blood manipulation.

In May, Portuguese rider Nuno Ribeiro tested with levels above the permitted 50 percent hematocrit ahead of the Giro d'Italia. A month later, Isidro Nozal gave high levels ahead of the Dauphiné Libéré and missed out on the Tour de France, but later raced the Vuelta.

The team also fired team doctor Alberto Garai during the 2005 season.