PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Concours CX and rock n' road?

dustyrider
02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
I know some of you have them, or have had them in the past, so I'm wondering what's the max tire clearance I can expect in your experience?
I really like these (http://www.bgcycles.com/rock-n-road-tire.html), but they might be too big.
I stuck some 32c tserves under it and there seems to be plenty of room left, but is it enough?

If anyone has an old rock n' road they'd lend me for a fitting that would be cool!

jpw
02-10-2013, 02:33 PM
i've never used those tires or tried to use any tire of that size.

i do use Schwalbe Marathon Winter studded 35s and they have more than enough clearance. 15mm behind the seat tube, and in theory more space than another 4mm either side next to the chain stays. however, tires being tires and nominal sizes not always being accurate,...there is some risk.

best of luck.

dustyrider
02-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks, not sure I want to go as big as 43 yet, but knowing how the standards on sizing are maybe the rock n' roads are more like a 38....schwalbe seems like they tend to be on the larger end of sizing, plus you're running studs, seems like a small 43 or large 38 would be doable.
I feel like there's lots of room vertically just not so sure about lower psi and side to side float of the tire.

jpw
02-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Thanks, not sure I want to go as big as 43 yet, but knowing how the standards on sizing are maybe the rock n' roads are more like a 38....schwalbe seems like they tend to be on the larger end of sizing, plus you're running studs, seems like a small 43 or large 38 would be doable.
I feel like there's lots of room vertically just not so sure about lower psi and side to side float of the tire.

i think 38s should not be a problem.