PDA

View Full Version : Sidi Genius vs. Ergo Fit Question

SolidSnake03
02-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Hey everyone,

So I know this is a bit of an odd question and a long shot but if anyone knows it would be Paceline. The best situation would be to try them on but my locals shops only stock the Genius line ie. no Ergo's.

Anyhow, I'm curious as to how the Ergo's fit compared to the Genius Mega's since the Ergo's don't come in a Mega option. I wore Sidi Genius 5 42's for a season very happily fit wise until getting eSoles to help my arches. Long story short, arches feel MUCH better now, foot is more solid and power is up but I had to size up to 42 Mega's because of the volume of the eSoles.

I'm considering some new shoes and really like the look/features of the Ergo's *techno dial, weight and look* however I don't know how they stack up to the Mega's size wise. I'm considering the Ergo 3's vs. the Genius 6.6 Mega in particular.

Anyone have some experience here?

Thanks

pdmtong
02-08-2013, 06:56 PM
No experience with mega but I have owned G5, 6.6 and ergo 2. the fit gets progressively more snug/less forefoot volume as you pay more. this is confirmed with sidi directly at sea otter over a few years. my foot like the ergo 2 fit best

eippo1
02-08-2013, 09:52 PM
I have had a pair of Genius 3's for 10 years, Ergo 2's for 2 years and recently picked up a pair of Genius 5 carbons. All are the same size and all fit the same. They also don't stretch.

The Ergo's are slightly more snug, but I barely notice.

SolidSnake03
02-09-2013, 08:53 AM
When you say the fit is the same I'm assuming your referring to the non-mega geniuses correct? My main issue to trying to figure out how or if the Mega's compare to the Ergo's fit wise. If eSoles weren't so massive I would love to just wear the regular one's since my feet themselves fit them fine