PDA

View Full Version : Lance Wins! Or was that loses? Or was that 2nd place?

BumbleBeeDave
02-07-2013, 09:45 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1518766-manti-teo-and-lance-armstrong-among-most-disliked-american-athletes-in-poll?hpt=hp_c4

...according to Nielsen’s polling, which it conducts on a rolling basis with the help of E-Poll, an Encino, Calif.-based market research firm. Candidates were limited to active athletes with a minimum of 10% awareness (Armstrong is now barred from officially sanctioned events, but still competes as an athlete, hence for all practical purposes he is active).

:p ;)

BBD

bikerboy337
02-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I'd be interested to see what his ratings were a few years ago... much higher obviously...

bobswire
02-07-2013, 10:21 AM
I guess drama queen murderers get a pass,shows just how ignorant the average sports fan is.

cmg
02-07-2013, 10:53 AM
the cheerleader gallery from that link doesn't work. i didn't like that. err... lance who?

pbarry
02-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Manti's got tough company on that list. All he did was have a rich fantasy life...

thirdgenbird
02-07-2013, 12:02 PM
I guess drama queen murderers get a pass,shows just how ignorant the average sports fan is.

That was the first thing I looked for too. Funny how society can forgive one person, but not another. I understand there is a timing aspect, but I'm surprised enough time as passed for cutler and romo to show up on the list. Sure, I make fun of them all the time, but all they really did was let their team town. (Which makes you wonder where Sanchez is...)

1/2 Wheeler
02-07-2013, 12:31 PM
That was the first thing I looked for too. Funny how society can forgive one person, but not another. I understand there is a timing aspect, but I'm surprised enough time as passed for cutler and romo to show up on the list. Sure, I make fun of them all the time, but all they really did was let their team town. (Which makes you wonder where Sanchez is...)

Figures lie and liars figure. Polls like this are as meaningless as anything can be.

Kobe Jerseys are the 3rd best selling jerseys in the NBA and Tony Romo Jersey sales have been in the top 20 for the last 2 years.

Tiger Woods still sells more golf appeal then all the rest combined and is the biggest draw to TV money by a long shot.

BS polls like this are only a poll of name recognition

thirdgenbird
02-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Very valid point. I often pt too much faith is society's ability to view things objectively. I not saying my opinions are perfect, but that list is laughable.