PDA

View Full Version : schleck abandons 2013 tour mediterraneen

ultraman6970
02-07-2013, 07:49 AM
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/02/news/schleck-abandons-2013-tour-mediterraneen_274142

What in the world? Contador, purito, wiggo (and company), and valverde will smoke this sucker in the tour.

Why Frank was not kicked out of the team? the darn chinese guy got a problem with accidental doping and he was kicked out right away... double standards, suck.

oldpotatoe
02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/02/news/schleck-abandons-2013-tour-mediterraneen_274142

What in the world? Contador, purito, wiggo (and company), and valverde will smoke this sucker in the tour.

Why Frank was not kicked out of the team? the darn chinese guy got a problem with accidental doping and he was kicked out right away... double standards, suck.

Cuz his sister whined...

ultraman6970
02-07-2013, 08:15 AM
Or he can't take juice no more.

I have raced with fever and stuff and there is no way in hell with the problem he said he has to get dropped by the peloton at the beginning of the season. Just ride in the middle, the group will carry him. Bad stuff...

oldpotatoe
02-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Or he can't take juice no more.

I have raced with fever and stuff and there is no way in hell with the problem he said he has to get dropped by the peloton at the beginning of the season. Just ride in the middle, the group will carry him. Bad stuff...

They are gonna be like Berzin, Savodelli, Commesso, some others that were there...then gone.

slidey
02-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Let me know when the Schleck's finish a tour :cool:

MattTuck
02-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Dude, that Andy Schleck is one FRAIL guy. Even by cycling standards.

If I were the team, I'd keep him indoors all winter lest he catch a cold and be out for the whole season.

When I was reading the title, I would not have been surprised if it was "schleck abandons 2013 tour de france before it starts."

CunegoFan
02-07-2013, 02:40 PM
He has not finished a race for about 300 days. He has spent more time out of competition that Contador did.

This is just pathetic:

"What happened, then? If, in the official statement from the team, Andy Schleck speaks of respiratory ailments, the story of the stage reveals apparent difficulties to follow the wheels of the peloton in the wet and slippery descends. It is thus that he had to let go at KM 104, on the small road 369. "He seemed to stiffen on the bike and his hands were glued to the breaks", reports Mark Meilleur, former professional track racer and driver of the photograph motorcycle for l'Equipe.

Meilleur, who had the best seat to witness what happened, does not however for one second doubt the good condition of Schleck: "For me, he is in good shape, he just suffers from a lack of self-confidence. From what I saw, he is afraid in the descends and gets more and more tense. And he loses contact without being able to react. Because after that, he stayed 100m behind the peloton for 15km, with headwinds, nothing to protect him and no hope of returning. Therefore, he is not bad physically, because not everyone can do that. Most of the riders disappear straight away, he did more than just hang on.

One time, he was able to return. And even a second time, because the story repeated itself during the wild final. (...) It was only when bordures cut up the peloton, approaching the ocean, when Andy Schleck finally gave in. Same reason, same result."

http://www.lequotidien.lu/les-sports/42083.html

Looks like someone switched his testosterone patches for estrogen ones.

bigreen505
02-07-2013, 03:12 PM
He is preemptively serving a self-imposed one year ban from racing since it's only a matter of time before he gets caught.

William
02-07-2013, 03:14 PM
I have said W.T.F.???? more than once watching him descend. He just sucks at it....comparatively speaking to the others in the peloton.

William

MattTuck
02-07-2013, 03:17 PM
If I were in charge of his training, he's be doing downhill mountain biking in the mornings, and TT training in the afternoons.

If he did good all week, I'd let him ride up a mountain on Saturday.

Improve your weaknesses, much easier and more bang for buck than trying to further improve your strengths to cover up your weaknesses.

ultraman6970
02-07-2013, 04:20 PM
+1 with matt... Everybody improves their weaknesses but him.

PQJ
02-07-2013, 04:35 PM
It would be nice to have a Schleckless tour this year. Not likely, I concede, but one can always hope.

shovelhd
02-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Must be a time trial coming up.

regularguy412
02-07-2013, 08:34 PM
+1 with matt... Everybody improves their weaknesses but him.

+2

Improving weaknesses makes you better without losing much of what you're already good at.

Mike in AR:beer:

AgilisMerlin
02-07-2013, 08:40 PM
oops wrong post

oldpotatoe
02-08-2013, 08:00 AM
It would be nice to have a Schleckless tour this year. Not likely, I concede, but one can always hope.

It'll end up that way early on even if the sisters start.

Llewellyn
02-08-2013, 08:28 PM
The pair of them are all mouth and trousers. Andy's won the only Tour that he's ever going to win.

pbarry
02-08-2013, 08:54 PM
I will never forget the two of them marking Contador on that pivotal Tour climb, both unable/unwilling to make a move. The dropped chain incident, then the fearful descent. Forgive me if I'm mixing stages, but it's all the same script.