PDA

View Full Version : New ads up there

nighthawk
02-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to say that I think they are really tastefully done, and are largely people or businesses I have a lot of trust and respect for. Moving toward having ads could've taken a nasty turn, but I think the mods have done a great job organizing this. That's all, keep up the good work.

rnhood
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
I have the "Ad bloc" extension on my MacBook so I don't get any adds. Its really nice. I mean real nice.

nighthawk
02-06-2013, 07:14 PM
I have the "Ad bloc" extension on my MacBook so I don't get any adds. Its really nice. I mean real nice.

Im with you on that. I block ads on my computer, but not my phone...

Regardless, I don't mind these ads.

rnhood
02-06-2013, 07:17 PM
I just looked at them and they are tastefully done, as you say. Much better than on some other websites. I still prefer my ad bloc though. Its so nice going to news sites and not getting bombarded with large pop-ups, banner ads, side shows & the such.

BumbleBeeDave
02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
. . . and we will continue to do so. Our goal is only to pay expenses and make it possible for you, the members, to enjoy the Paceline without constant begging from us for donations.

But if you'd like to donate anyway, go right ahead. Whatever we take in over our expenses for this year we will just keep in the bank to apply toward next year's.

I'm very grateful to each and every one of these sponsors who ponied up to get that advertisement. I'm pretty sure all of them are Paceline members and they deserve your support.

In particular, both "HandleBra Ray" and Kelly Bedford live near me and you will not find two people anywhere who are more dedicated to high quality craftsmanship--and nice guys to have a beer with to boot!

And check out Dave Kirk's thread HERE (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=123594) with info on his photo efforts on his bikes with a lot of how-to that you could use to photograph yours, too.

We are very lucky to have all these great people and craftsmen in our community. Our hobby/obsession/exercise is all the richer and more enjoyable for their contributions.

BBD