PDA

View Full Version : Pan Mass Challenge Record Donation

Bruce K
11-06-2005, 07:01 AM
Yesterday, the Pan-Mass Challenge announced the donation to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and the Jimmy Fund from the 2005 ride.

This year, around 3800 riders raised $23,000,000.00 (yes the number of zeroes is correct!)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

According to the PMC, this represented 99% of all rider revenues.

I hope I can speak for Bradford, Leftyfreak, Quattro, BillM, and any other forum members who rode this year in asking that some more of you join us next year so that total can grow even more.

The elimination of cancer is just so important. Hopefully we can get it done in our lifetime.

Until then, as the PMC says, we're getting "Closer by the Mile".

BK

leftyfreak
11-06-2005, 10:59 AM
You got it right there, Bruce K!

The PMC is so inspirational in so many ways--as a rider and a person, the event shows to us that we are capable of so many positive things, if we just believe that they are worth doing. If they are worth doing, they CAN be done.

lefty

RABikes2
11-07-2005, 06:07 AM
All of you guys "ROCK"!! :banana: Thanks for the donation report Bruce. ;)

RA

wwtsui
11-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Congratulations and THANK YOU!!

I was planning to ride this year, but my wife was diagnosed with (early stage) breast cancer in April, so this summer turned out a bit differently than we had imagined. All the folks at Dana Farber have been wonderful, and we're extremely grateful for all they have done (and continue to do every day), so I'm all the more resolved to ride next year's PMC. See you then!

Johnnyg
11-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I rode it this year in my wifes memory and was blown away by the out pooriing, support, good will. I had no problem raising 5,100$, people wright checks for cancer fund raisers. We have to beat this awful sickness as no one should have to suffer like my wife did! Never take the ones you love for granted! JohnnyG