PDA

View Full Version : Best Mechanic in Tampa

rs1115
02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi - I just moved to Tampa and need to find a good shop for my Legend. Any suggestions? Thanks!

mnoble485
02-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Load your bike up and come over to Lakeland. I've got a great one here. If you want to stay in Tampa I have heard good things about a shop in Seminole Heights.

PM "Fixed" for more info. Welcome to God's Country.

Mike

harryblack
02-05-2013, 12:12 PM
where at in tampa? with respect to my honorable colleague in Polk County, i highly doubt you wanna be heading that far east just to get your bike worked on... anyway, though i mostly do my all my own work now, i've had fine service from both Chainwheel Drives-- one in Palm Harbor, one in Clearwater-- and ABC Bicycles on Central Ave in St Pete; there's another bike shop across the street from ABC that friends have recommended too... Maybe Fixed will have more suggestions for Tampa proper tho' there's great riding out (of specific sorts) in Pinellas so you'll want to head out there sooner than later.

Hi - I just moved to Tampa and need to find a good shop for my Legend. Any suggestions? Thanks!

JayBay
02-05-2013, 12:41 PM
My high-school buddy Rick owns ABC. Great guy, tell him I sent ya ;)

mnoble485
02-05-2013, 01:21 PM
where at in tampa? with respect to my honorable colleague in Polk County, i highly doubt you wanna be heading that far east just to get your bike worked on... anyway, though i mostly do my all my own work now, i've had fine service from both Chainwheel Drives-- one in Palm Harbor, one in Clearwater-- and ABC Bicycles on Central Ave in St Pete; there's another bike shop across the street from ABC that friends have recommended too... Maybe Fixed will have more suggestions for Tampa proper tho' there's great riding out (of specific sorts) in Pinellas so you'll want to head out there sooner than later.

All due respect back at you! Not much better going "across the bridge" than driving east depending on where in Tamps you are. I have only good things to say about Chainwheel Drive. That said there are several shops in Tampa. Fying Fish in south Tampa and University in north Tampa but I have heard iffy things about them. The bike shop in Seminole Heights has gotten real good reviews from people I know.

Mike

Mikej
02-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Buy some tools. Learn on a beater.

fa63
02-05-2013, 03:25 PM
I have always had good luck with Oliver's Cycle Sports in New Tampa, Carrollwood Bicycle Emporium in Carrollwood. I haven't had such good luck with University Bicycles or Flying Fish Bikes (either location).

rs1115
02-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I will check them out. I am going to be living in Channelside area (I think) and will be looking for good rides, routes, resources if any of the Tampa folks have suggestions!

Thanks again.

FL_MarkD
02-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Chainwheel Drive is where I do business, but it is close to me. They are also the local Serotta dealer.

Plenty of other good suggestions above.

Not sure of any club rides in Channelside area, but Suncoast Cycling Club does a lot of rides originating in Northern Pinellas county (Palm Harbor, Dunedin) and St. Pete Bike Club out of St. Petersburg. Worth a look.

Mark

that guy
02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I miss the North Shore Pool rides.

Also, R.I.P. 66Fixed

rs1115
02-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks much for all of the suggestions. I work at MacDill so all of this is good advice.