PDA

View Full Version : Van Dessel W.T.F

snah
02-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Wondering if anyone rides one and how well it does as a CX. As someone that loves the Retrotec but can't swallow the cost, these look close. Plus, can use it as a commuter, fender mounts.

fourflys
02-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Wondering if anyone rides one and how well it does as a CX. As someone that loves the Retrotec but can't swallow the cost, these look close. Plus, can use it as a commuter.

I had a previous generation Gin and Trombones (sold it to a friend of Ari's) and it raced very well! For pure cross, it's a beast! Road manners were fine for an occasional road ride...

snah
02-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Realize I need to clarify the thread since it blocked the model I'm looking at in the title. I've been watching the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

Gummee
02-04-2013, 07:01 PM
IDK about the W.T.F but my Full Tilt Boogie is a rocketship. Stiff. Comfy. etc etc etc

I've ridden it on road hammerfests, dirt road rides, racing cross, and JRA. Rides nicer than the Giant TCR Advanced SL I just got.

M

jambee
02-05-2013, 03:38 AM
I fail to see what would the difference to one of the Salsa's be. The rig seems so close to the Vaya or Fargo. Those frames really look like they took a frame building class at Hunter or Black Sheep.

Gummee
02-05-2013, 07:07 AM
I fail to see what would the difference to one of the Salsa's be. The rig seems so close to the Vaya or Fargo. Those frames really look like they took a frame building class at Hunter or Black Sheep.

Van Dessel contracts out their frame building. Like November and Ritte.

IDK who's building the AL bikes. The carbon bikes are built in Asia.

M

BobbyJones
02-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Besides the fact it looks nothing like the Salsa offerings?

jr59
02-05-2013, 07:18 AM
I fail to see what would the difference to one of the Salsa's be. The rig seems so close to the Vaya or Fargo.

Looks more like a retrotec to me.

I really like the way the frame looks. I have no idea how it rides!

William
02-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Certainly appears to going for the Retrotec look.

William

Jaq
02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
I've seen some kids in the 'hood riding the tandem model.

It looked pretty sporty.

http://content6.flixster.com/question/47/14/31/4714312_std.jpg

christian
02-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Wondering if anyone rides one and how well it does as a CX.Looks cool and would be a fun commuter. Given the shape and slope of the top tubes, I wouldn't think of using one for cross. Better tools out there for that job.

That said, if I owned one and didn't own a cross bike, I'd probably race cross on it.

snah
02-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Very Retrotecish as I see it. VD markets it as a do all, monster cross type offering.