PDA

View Full Version : OT: One for the BPL fans

jeduardo
01-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Just wondering, am I the only Premier League fan who is sweating out the final hours of the January Transfer Window? *Defoe Needs 2 Go*
> I'm a Tottenham supporter/fanboy sitting here fingers crossed, because the WHL faithful are growing overly desperate for a predatory striker to see us finish in the top 4 & thus seeing us through to the Champions league.
I know I'm not the only BLP fan who is this boat...Yes, I'm talking 2 all the Gunnersaurus lovers out there.

"Score Tottenham score
Once you get one, you'll get more
We need goals aplenty, so we get to Wembley
So, score Tottenham score"...You tell 'em Bob

wc1934
01-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Serie A fan here - Mario to AC Milan - playing time with El Shaarawy will bode well for the national team.

#7 going to PSG - paris is the fashion capitol of the world - think his wife had a say in that move - back with Carlos Ancelotti - Milan connection - not accepting a salary - will donate it all to a children's charity in Paris

rwsaunders
01-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Just headed down to the basement for some time on the treadmill...second half of the Fulham/West Ham match getting ready to start.

henry14
01-31-2013, 08:07 PM
We love you Arsenal, we do!
We love you Arsenal, we DO!
Oh! Arsenal we love you!

hammerdocnomo
01-31-2013, 08:11 PM
We loved the PKs but most of the drama was a distraction. John Guidetti will get his chance for my side, Manchester City. He is touted as Sweden's next Zlatan Ibrahimović.

City Till I Die!

BobC
02-01-2013, 05:48 AM
My thoughts:

I thought Ba was the steal of the transfer window -- but geez, Torres is a HOT MESS & needs to go. But then again Chelsea is also a hot mess, so he fits right in.

The odd signing goes to Loic Remy. Remy goes to QPR instead of Newcastle??? Say what? Does he truly think 'Arry will last more than 1 season there (if that)?

Aston Villa's new signing Yacouba Sylla has said he dreamed of being in a relegation fight ever since he became a professional. Seriously????? His dream is to be in a relegation fight??? Doesn't dream very big does he?

Newcastle has switched its official language from Geordie to French and Ashley has changed the name of Saint James Park to Saint Jaques Parc.

I was sure 'Pool was going to snatch the Deuce from AVB.

wc1934
02-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I have verizon for my cable co - fox soccernet shows all the premiership games.
Not so for next year - those rights were sold to Al Jazeera who will broadcast them on beIN (which i can not get). They also own the rights to all USA away games - how lame is that.

The government of Qatar owns Al Jazeera (who recently purchased Current tv, which was owned by Al Gore) - any coincidence that the 2018 World cup will be hosted in Qatar.
Talk about bribes and payoffs!!!!

BobC
02-01-2013, 08:20 PM
I have verizon for my cable co - fox soccernet shows all the premiership games.
Not so for next year - those rights were sold to Al Jazeera who will broadcast them on beIN (which i can not get). They also own the rights to all USA away games - how lame is that.

The government of Qatar owns Al Jazeera (who recently purchased Current tv, which was owned by Al Gore) - any coincidence that the 2018 World cup will be hosted in Qatar.
Talk about bribes and payoffs!!!!

Nope. NBCsports got it. BeIN might also have broadcast rights for some games.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2012/10/28/nbc-secures-english-premier-league-soccer-rights/1664681/

jeduardo
02-03-2013, 04:56 PM
This is really bad news for all core BPL followers/fans & for fútbol fans residing in the USA :( So NBC paid nearly 3X as more that FOX did for the past 3 years of BPL rights, but I just can't seem to grasp how the Fuk NBC will be able to broadcast a proper # of matches. Cripes, FOX needed to enroll/sell rights to ESPN in order to provide proper match coverage (over the course of the weekend there are 16 matches which need to be aired). I understand that NBC is still working on logistics of the whole thing, but it still really sucks a$$, and I guess my Hotspur may airing on Mundo2 (of course Cox CT doesn't offer w/my sports pack)
Lets all hope that NBC does a better job with the Premier league than their piss-poor attempt at covering cycling w/Universal Sports!

1 point off 3rd now...so...Let's Go You Spurs :beer:

Climb01742
02-03-2013, 05:03 PM
We love you Arsenal, we DO!
Oh! Arsenal we love you!

Another gunners fan here. They are so frustratingly inconsistent this year. They seem to lack that one experienced, calm leader who can settle the team on the field and give them direction. Oh, for a young Henry again.