PDA

View Full Version : Spending weekend in Atlanta...

GoJavs
11-03-2005, 08:00 PM
So, I'm going to be spending the weekend in Atlanta on a convention and I was wondering if there are any "can't miss" stores...

A few weeks ago I was up in Boston and I'm still kicking myself for not having the time to make it to Wheelworks and over to the Jerk's shop to uncover the Senor's secret identity... :cool:

Keep in mind, I'm not really the carbon & ti type.

dsimon
11-03-2005, 08:22 PM
I dont know if there any good anymore but the bicycle link used to be pretty good

taz-t
11-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Don't know about 'can't miss' but Bicycle Link in Buckhead is the Serotta, Waterford and Parlee dealer. APB (Atlanta Pro Bikes) in Virginia Highland handles IF and Moots and Outback Bikes in Little 5 Points used to be a Fat Chance dealer and still has one or two NOS mtb frames around.

Try visiting www.chainspin.com for a b-board with ATL local flavor.

If you have a bike - the first Airport ride of the season is Sunday morning at 9:45ish starting at Peachtree Battle or Trinity Ave at 10:15. Big, social off season group ride for about 50 miles at casual pace 18-20mph with a 70 mile option.

(If you can ride a 53 or 54 and have SPD or Speedplay cleats or wear a 44 shoe, I can hook you up - just pm or email.)

- Taz in ATL

GoJavs
11-04-2005, 05:53 AM
I appreciate that, Taz. But I won't have enough time for a ride. I basically have time for a taxi ride over to a shop...

thanks for the ideas.

pjm
11-04-2005, 01:51 PM
I'll be spending the weekend ON my Atlanta! ;)