PDA

View Full Version : OT: Report Ties Rodriguez and Others to Banned Drugs

Tony T
01-29-2013, 01:39 PM
NYT: Report Ties Rodriguez and Others to Banned Drugs (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/sports/baseball/report-links-rodriguez-and-others-to-clinic-and-peds.html?hp)

Miami New Times, in a report released Tuesday, said that an unidentified former employee of the clinic, Biogenesis of America, which is now closed, had provided it with medical records from the facility that tie Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera, Gio Gonzalez, Bartolo Colon, Nelson Cruz and Yasmani Grandal to the use of performance-enhancers.

In a statement several hours after the report emerged, Rodriguez denied that he had any relationship with the director of the clinic, Anthony Bosch, or that he was ever treated by him.

And in its own statement, Major League Baseball said it was “always extremely disappointed to learn of potential links between players and the use of performance-enhancing substances.”

Auk
01-29-2013, 01:43 PM
No Way!!!!! There's PED's being used in sports other than those needle lovin bike riders?!??!?!?!?!

I

Am

Shocked

ergott
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Please say it is so. Let the Yankees get out of his contract and move on to some other dopers out there (not exclusive to the Yankees of course). I'm no fan of You-kill-us coming to the team, but A-Rods time has passed.

cfox
01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
good. so much for "the steroid era". what a joke. I am fed up with conventional American sports and fat, stupid, loud-mouth sports fans.

ultraman6970
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
I got steroids for one of my elbows, for steroids inhalers for my summer alergies and when I dislocated my right knee twice... im not even paid 1% of what those morons do... that makes me a doper? :D

earlfoss
01-29-2013, 02:22 PM
If you think the apologists for Lance were deluded and crazy, just wait until the baseball, football and basketball ones crawl out of the woodwork. There are people who still think that Paterno should be sainted.

1/2 Wheeler
01-29-2013, 02:26 PM
More importantly:

Tiger Woods is dating Lindsey Vonn

For her sake I hope he is taking PEDs!

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/gallery/lindsey-vonn-tiger-woods/lindsey-vonn-tiger-woods-4.jpg

Elefantino
01-29-2013, 02:30 PM
I saw the headline and thought it was Fast Freddie.

ultraman6970
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
As how the things are unfolding probably he did too a some point.

Dave B
01-29-2013, 05:34 PM
As a life loyal Red Sox fan I just smiled when I heard A-roid got popped.

Yuk going to be a Yankee is worse the Damon as Yuk has hated them until the ponied up the cash. He also is married to Tom Brady's sister and the entire Boston vs. NY just makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh well, you know the Sox aren't taking anything as they have sucked for a couple of years now. :rolleyes:

MattTuck
01-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Oh, it's about baseball. Not Freddie Rodriguez, or Joaquim Rodriguez.... both of which are cyclists and have the same last name.... :banana:

Tony T
01-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Oh, it's about baseball. Not Freddie Rodriguez, or Joaquim Rodriguez.... both of which are cyclists and have the same last name....

....this thread is OT

MattTuck
01-29-2013, 06:45 PM
....this thread is OT

Yep. Not a comment on the title. More a comment on how my brain works. :help:

ctcyclistbob
01-29-2013, 09:53 PM
This is getting good:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/01/yankees-working-to-void-alex-rodriguezs-contract.html#D6ObjqDVEKuvUgz5.99

Also, clinic records reportedly show evidence of purchases of PEDs as recently as last year.

pbarry
01-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Tiger Woods is dating Lindsey Vonn

For her sake I hope he is taking PEDs!?

+1!

wc1934
01-29-2013, 10:02 PM
and ray lewis is accused of using deer antler spray - HGH

http://nfl.si.com/2013/01/29/ray-lewis-ravens-deny-deer-antler-spray-report/?eref=sircrc

They're all cheats!

wc1934
01-29-2013, 10:12 PM

Yuk going to be a Yankee is worse the Damon as Yuk has hated them until the ponied up the cash. He also is married to Tom Brady's sister and the entire Boston vs. NY just makes me sick to my stomach.

Oh well, you know the Sox aren't taking anything as they have sucked for a couple of years now. :rolleyes:

Remember years ago ARod was supposed to come to the Sox ( but the league nixed the deal) - I was so happy - Sox were going to get the best player in baseball - now at age 38(?) it won't surprise me if the Yankees end up voiding his contract over this!

Louis
01-29-2013, 10:33 PM
He's clean.

The Yankees backdated then planted the documents in order to frame A-Rod in order to have an excuse to void his contract.

rounder
01-29-2013, 11:53 PM
Obviously, cycling is tainted. But how does it compare to the big time sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NCAA, PGA). Is the same drug use all done at the same highest levels, including marginal levels for the marginal participants. Just wondering...I was a Lance believer. If so, we have all been duped.

Thanks.

Louis
01-30-2013, 02:41 AM
Obviously, cycling is tainted. But how does it compare to the big time sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NCAA, PGA).

Is there lots of fame and fortune to be had in those sports?

Are there people out there willing to go the extra mile the get some of that fame and fortune?

Are the chemical enhancements out there that will make it more likely that those people will succeed?

What do you think is happening?

Hell, guys dope in Masters cycling even when there's nothing but the rush of winning on the line. What's going to happen when there's a lot more than that riding on the outcome?

jpw
01-30-2013, 03:43 AM
Obviously, cycling is tainted. But how does it compare to the big time sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NCAA, PGA). Is the same drug use all done at the same highest levels, including marginal levels for the marginal participants. Just wondering...I was a Lance believer. If so, we have all been duped.

Thanks.

Well, the ongoing Spanish Inquisition points to drug use in football (soccer), although rumor has it that the Spanish GOV is attempting to cover it up.

When will big media address this ELEPHANT of an issue at the heart of its own product?

soulspinner
01-30-2013, 04:30 AM
Nice article on Purito in latest Procycling mag. When asked why at 33 his perfomances keep getting better, he says less drugs have him competitive and he seems so smart about tactics.

Tony T
01-30-2013, 08:15 AM
...it won't surprise me if the Yankees end up voiding his contract over this!

Sure, right after they put Marris back as the record holder. ;)

oldpotatoe
01-30-2013, 08:23 AM

Sure, nobody in the Red Sox organization was usin'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Ramirez

-Loyal Cleveland fan

PQJ
01-30-2013, 08:27 AM

Thanks.

It doesn't compare at all. Whenever you have players unions negotiating the 'terms' of their cheating . . . er . . . drug testing policies, you'll get little more than a pile of crap. If cycling were run like the big sports here in the land of greed, Lance would still be a 7-time tour champion and hero to many.

oldpotatoe
01-30-2013, 08:32 AM
It doesn't compare at all. Whenever you have players unions negotiating the 'terms' of their cheating . . . er . . . drug testing policies, you'll get little more than a pile of crap. If cycling were run like the big sports here in the land of greed, Lance would still be a 7-time tour champion and hero to many.

He's still a hero to a few, couple...........here.

Not me.

PQJ
01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
He's still a hero to a few, couple...........here.

Not me.

We operate in a parallel universe here sometimes, but I'm with you. Not that he was ever a hero of mine, but I was a fan.

Tony T
01-30-2013, 08:48 AM
NYT: New Denials, and New Questions About What Is Next (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/sports/baseball/rodriguezs-denials-put-yankees-patience-to-test.html?hpw)

"Lying about steroid use is hardly shocking, but Rodriguez was pathological."

"When Sports Illustrated finally exposed Rodriguez as a steroid user, part of his response was to smear the reporter, Selena Roberts, by falsely claiming that she tried to break into his home while his children were sleeping."

"Rodriguez will always have his apologists, mostly people who have never had to deal with him and have never been part of his web of deceit. To some who know him well, including the Yankees and Major League Baseball, he is a source of irritation at best, slippery and duplicitous at worst."

"If Rodriguez were a healthy superstar, the Yankees would still want him around. They might have even supported him in their terse statement on Tuesday, which pledged support for baseball’s drug program and noted that the matter was now under the jurisdiction of the commissioner’s office."

ctcyclistbob
01-30-2013, 08:50 AM

-Loyal Cleveland fan

Maybe Francona was the Red Sox source, let's see if all the tribe players test positive this year!

Dave B
01-30-2013, 08:55 AM

-Loyal Cleveland fan

only when he was a Dodger! :rolleyes:;)

Look at how the Sox played the last two years. They were all clean! Why they couldn't win!

Bring back the beer and friedn chicken!