PDA

View Full Version : DA 9000 front der adjustment

vqdriver
01-29-2013, 01:12 PM
I'm using a braze on FD with a clamp adapter which means I don't have the option of using the "support bolt"
What exactly does this do other than adjust the cage alignment? Do FD with the clamp have this?

SPOKE
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Get the clamp designed for the Di2 FD

dvs cycles
01-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Where does the support bolt hit?
On the clamp or does it hit the frame when screwed in?
I just put a braze on fd9000 on my EVO and it hits on the riveted braze on that Cannondale uses. At least with a 53 tooth. If I put a 50 on it it hits below on the frame so the little stick on plate supplied has to be used.

vqdriver
01-29-2013, 08:17 PM
It doesn't. It's just out there with the hanger I use. My guess is that it's for brazed on hangers to adjust angle which I can adjust by turning the clamp. But that's just a guess.

apeescape
01-30-2013, 08:16 AM
That little bolt helps stiffen the FD for better shifting. What frame do you have that the support bolt will not contact it?

dvs cycles
01-30-2013, 07:11 PM
It doesn't. It's just out there with the hanger I use. My guess is that it's for brazed on hangers to adjust angle which I can adjust by turning the clamp. But that's just a guess.

No it is a support to improve shifting and needs to come in contact with something.
Go here to view instructions.
http://si.shimano.com/content/si.downloadsearch.html?dealer_product_group=front-derailleur&dealer_language=en

oldpotatoe
01-31-2013, 07:43 AM

It's a stiffener ala Di2..integrated into the clamp for clampon...use the wee plate for brazeon. NOT for adjustment.