PDA

View Full Version : 2013/14 Cross Rigs: Post em up!

Erik_A
01-27-2013, 01:20 PM
With CX Worlds next weekend (watch it live here: http://www.cxmagazine.com/live-video-stream-2013-cyclocross-world-championships ) it that time of year to think about what you will change on your bike for next season.

What do you guys have planned? For me it is pretty boring, keep the same bike but build a few sets of (rim brake) tubular wheels.

Bruce K
01-27-2013, 01:52 PM
Pretty boring here too

New Clemente PDX clinchers on the Zanc SS

New (second) set of HED Ardennes LT tubulars with (probably) PDX tubular tires

That's it beyond typical stuff - pads, chain, etc

BK

gavingould
01-27-2013, 02:01 PM
Unless I strike it rich or lower expenses somehow, I expect to keep it much the same.

57cm Felt F3x
Rival shifters/Rival FD/Red RD
Force cranks 39t single ring
Avid Shorty Ultimate brakes
Zipp Firecrest 303 tubulars
Clement PDX tires

for gravel races, I'll stick on my Quarq with 46/38t WickWerks rings. Maybe leave it on when it's CX season again. I expect to pick up a pair of file treads to glue up or I've got a decent clincher set.

Gummee
01-27-2013, 02:13 PM
I need (using the term very loosely) a backup race frame, a few pairs of low-profile carbon tubulars, and that's pretty much it.

Depending on what I end up with for a 'backup' race frame, the Full Tilt Boogie may end up in that spot or it may still be the A bike.

I may try out an Altamira for kicks and grins. I may try and find a Crux carbon. May try a C-dale carbon crosser. All kind of depends on how good a deal I can find on the next frame/fork

M

Erik_A
01-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Gummee: What are your favorit budget "low-profile carbon tubulars"?

I need (using the term very loosely) a backup race frame, a few pairs of low-profile carbon tubulars, and that's pretty much it.

Depending on what I end up with for a 'backup' race frame, the Full Tilt Boogie may end up in that spot or it may still be the A bike.

I may try out an Altamira for kicks and grins. I may try and find a Crux carbon. May try a C-dale carbon crosser. All kind of depends on how good a deal I can find on the next frame/fork

M

Gummee
01-27-2013, 02:16 PM
Gummee: What are your favorit budget "low-profile carbon tubulars"?

Far Sports

Or something that a triathlete is selling. They've usually got a pretty bad case of 'upgrade-itis.'

M

Erik_A
01-27-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks- Does anyone stateside carry the Far Sports wheels? http://www.farsports.cn/ViewProduct.aspx?id=733
Or do you need to buy them from China?

Far Sports

Or something that a triathlete is selling. They've usually got a pretty bad case of 'upgrade-itis.'

M

Gummee
01-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks- Does anyone stateside carry the Far Sports wheels? http://www.farsports.cn/ViewProduct.aspx?id=733
Or do you need to buy them from China?

There's a couple of re-sellers of chinese rims/wheels: Neuvation, Williams, November, et al Go this route if you need the warm fuzzy of a US seller.

Otherwise, buy em from china. www.velobuild.com is pretty much the clearinghouse for chinese carbon info as well as getting in on group buys.

I'm debating between 24mm and 38mm tubulars (or maybe one of each. Dunno) for next season. If I can get a screaming deal on some Zipps, or D/A C35s, I'll go that route, otherwise...

M