PDA

View Full Version : 24 Hours of Daytona

dd74
01-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Any of you boys watching it? The NASCAR racers are tearing it up. The best so far has been Clint Boyer driving the crap out of a Ferrari owned by Michael Waltrip. Great stuff! :hello:

DrSpoke
01-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Watching now. I love it when racing starts up again (not counting SX) after the Winter break. Can't wait for MotoGP.

oliver1850
01-26-2013, 10:21 PM
I can't watch it, but I have fond memories of the race. Last time I was there, DW was driving the Nimrod. Somehow that fits, in my mind.

There's not much to compare with it for highs and lows. You can be leading the race by laps, and on the next lap, DNF. I recall loading two cars, both of which had had a shot at a class win, into the trailer, at 10 AM, in the rain, after being awake for 30 hours. Even the winning car can look like junk to a mechanic at the end, and most of the losers are just that (but Sebring was worse).

esldude
01-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Amen on the MotoGP. Really that and truck racing is the only kind I care for much these days. Tops by far is the MotoGp. And the Isle of Mann crazies.

Those MotoGp riders are aliens for sure. Love the current coverage with on board HD cameras. Those lean angles are outrageous. Wondering if Rossi can do magic at Yamaha again though I think Lorenzo is simply the best out there now that Casey Stoner has given it up.

mistermo
01-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Any of you boys watching it? The NASCAR racers are tearing it up. The best so far has been Clint Boyer driving the crap out of a Ferrari owned by Michael Waltrip. Great stuff! :hello:

What network?

Bruce K
01-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Speed but their broadcast ended at 11:00

It picks up again in the AM

BK

BrakeL8
01-26-2013, 11:20 PM
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/165656/1/watch-daytona---24-hours.html

If you dig around you can find some more streams. Audi usually has a feed for Le Mans.

I really miss the WRC coverage we used to get with speedvision

dd74
01-27-2013, 01:58 AM
I can't watch it, but I have fond memories of the race. Last time I was there, DW was driving the Nimrod. Somehow that fits, in my mind.

There's not much to compare with it for highs and lows. You can be leading the race by laps, and on the next lap, DNF. I recall loading two cars, both of which had had a shot at a class win, into the trailer, at 10 AM, in the rain, after being awake for 30 hours. Even the winning car can look like junk to a mechanic at the end, and most of the losers are just that (but Sebring was worse).
So you raced the 24-hrs of Daytona? Whoa! You have my respect. That and LeMans IMO (don't know much about Sebring), have to be the most brutal motorsport races on the planet.

csm
01-27-2013, 11:39 AM
There is some good WRC coverage on YouTube. The new vw did well at the monte this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

swPArider
01-27-2013, 05:11 PM
so the 01 telmex ganassi car won again. i'm a big ganassi fan so hopefully they can pull off another dp title this year.

Bruce K
01-27-2013, 05:18 PM
It looks like Chip has an edge this year with the BMW power plant on high speed courses

It didn't look a whole lot better in the twisty stuff

Should make for an interesting "transition year" to the full merger

BK