PDA

View Full Version : hey SAAB

shinomaster
02-28-2004, 02:55 PM
are you still looking for a cheap frame??? If so check out supergo They have a aluminum frame and for for $250....I know it's a beer can but its probably good enough for commuting inb the rain. they also have some good deals on built bikes.

www.supergo.com
:beer:

saab2000
02-28-2004, 03:29 PM
But I am still inclined to go with a Surly. Yeah, I know they are heavy and I know that they are not great. But that is the whole point. I am in Minneapolis right now and the roads are very wet and gritty. The Surly accepts fenders and I will likely even go single speed with it. I will not feel guilty in any way about abusing a Surly. That is in fact exactly the point of a Surly.

But I really appreciate the thought!! Thanks!!
:beer:

PBWrench
02-28-2004, 07:47 PM
Saab - How long are you going to be in the Twin Cities? Marco and I are always up for a ride . . once it gets a tad warmer.

saab2000
02-28-2004, 07:51 PM
....for a few weeks at least. We should get together for a ride or a dozen!
I have time.

Kile@bluewin.ch

PBWrench
02-28-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm down in Florida for the next few days, but will be back next Thursday and should be ok for rides next weekend, weather permitting. Marco has a cyclocross; I get out on trails on a hardtail. The roads aren't fit yet for roadbikes. Do you have a pilot's gig in Mpls.?

saab2000
02-28-2004, 08:42 PM
...for a flying gig right now. I am staying with family here and applying to airlines. But if I can go back to Europe, I am gone on the next flight.

I lived there for 15 years and loved it. During that time I visited the Twin Cities often, so I know my way around pretty well. I like to ride to Northfield along Hwy 3.

PBWrench
02-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Marco and I live, respectively, in Golden Valley and Minnetonka. We ride mostly to the west, going out to Watertown, Excelsior, Delano, etc. on county roads. We ride early and often, ~18mph.

saab2000
02-28-2004, 09:27 PM
by e-mail when you are back. I am up for some rides on new (to me) roads any day.