PDA

View Full Version : Off to a rough start....

William
01-25-2013, 12:33 PM
ARMSTRONG PANEL OFF TO ROUGH START

....An independent panel was set up by the UCI to investigate accusations that its leaders covered up suspicious doping tests given by Armstrong during his 1999-2005 run of Tour de France victories and unethically accepted donations from him totaling $125,000.

The three-person panel expressed fears Friday that the process, which was expected to produce a report by June, is being stalled.

''It just amazes me that we have had absolutely no documents whatsoever,'' former British Paralympian Tanni Grey-Thompson said to the UCI's lawyer. ''When are we going to get the ... files?''

Ian Mill, representing the UCI, said the ''entire process has been derailed'' because the panel is demanding a truth-and-reconciliation process and amnesty to encourage witnesses to come forward with doping information without fear of retribution....

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/Armstrong-panel-opens-with-amnesty-consideration-012513

William

slidey
01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Yes, this whole thing is like a broken pencil...point-less :cool:

(Adapted from Blackadder the 3rd)

dd74
01-25-2013, 05:14 PM
I think the sport should stop for a while. Just stop completely to clean things up...

Or maybe I should stop following the sport for a while, just to clean out the bad taste I have for it at the moment.

bironi
01-25-2013, 05:17 PM
I think the sport should stop for a while. Just stop completely to clean things up...

Or maybe I should stop following the sport for a while, just to clean out the bad taste I have for it at the moment.

Take option number 2. This sh_t is going to go for a good while. Things always go slowly, and if you are expecting quick change, you're in for a slow bleeding death.

William
01-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Yes, this whole thing is like a broken pencil...point-less :cool:

(Adapted from Blackadder the 3rd)

Yes, and this is the group Lance says he wants to work with, not USADA.:rolleyes:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=1280798&postcount=11

http://calezane.home.xs4all.nl/archive/quotes/jobdirty.jpg
Well, I hope so, Lance. You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the UCI, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a rider, who tested positive for pooh-pooh, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the official who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other riders who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the peloton. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!

William

dancinkozmo
01-26-2013, 09:09 AM
uci just released this photo of the 3 person panel...

veggieburger
01-26-2013, 09:14 AM

I'm surprised more sponsors haven't left, a la Rabobank. Who wants their brand associated with such a dirty sport?

gemship
01-26-2013, 10:14 AM

Just out of curiosity and not to pick on you but rather use what you say as a example. I hope all you American cycling enthusiasts are reading out there in forum world....

Would it really make a difference if you stop following cycling? I mean I guess you could cancel your subscription or service to watch broadcasts or if you have the means maybe cancel a vacation abroad to watch the tour or some other pro race. But really how is the American enthusiast really affected by this? If you like the new equipment and high end bikes you'll buy one or upgrade it anyway. The sports coverage for all things cycling is not very good.

I think the bigger issue in this country when it comes to cycling isn't how LA is a insult to the sport so much as the sport must be taken to the streets. Most Americans, well maybe not most find cyclist in their way. To be able to ride a 5k dollar bike on a closed road way is an elitist event.