PDA

View Full Version : Landis subject of criminal investigation

djg21
01-23-2013, 09:54 PM
BOULDER, Colorado (VN) — The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has reached out to those who contributed to the Floyd Fairness Fund, a fund set up by Floyd Landis during his fight against doping charges stemming from the 2006 Tour de France.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/news/contributors-to-landis-fund-contacted-by-fbi_272483

Maybe he and Lance can be cell-mates.

Charles M
01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
I plan to ask Floyd for my hundred face to face at some point...

It's not about the buck...

MattTuck
01-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Would love to see a breakdown, by sport, of the amount and type of criminal activity. I figure NFL players have more violent crime, while cyclists stick to the fraud and other white collar offenses. Most cyclists are pretty small folks, and are traction compromised due to cleats, so maybe the violent ones get weeded out early and/or realize that they best not be getting involved in fights.

CunegoFan
01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
I figure any contributer who is also a cyclist deserves special treatment. Either they contributed knowing that he doped or they are stupid. In either case they don't deserve repayment.

schneiderrd
01-26-2013, 04:45 AM
For all of the crap that is being laid on Armstrong, the one guy who has committed a Federal crime is Landis and yet I see some people going on on what a stand up guy he is for blowing the whistle on Armstrong. If any one should go to jail it's Landis.

merlincustom1
01-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Floyd asked for your cash. LA asked you to buy his books.

William
01-26-2013, 08:08 AM
If he did the crime, he does the time. And dat's the name of dat tune!

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/2002/baretta4.jpg

William

Grant McLean
01-26-2013, 09:38 AM
For all of the crap that is being laid on Armstrong, the one guy who has committed a Federal crime is Landis and yet I see some people going on on what a stand up guy he is for blowing the whistle on Armstrong. If any one should go to jail it's Landis.

For what it's worth, I don't know that many people think Landis is a "stand up guy",
just that he was telling the truth about doping at US Postal. Apparently, many
others thought that a lying douchebag isn't capable of being correct about
Lance. But we now know that Landis was completely wrong to defend himself
against his ban from cycling, but was right about Lance.

-g

dancinkozmo
01-26-2013, 09:43 AM
its a lot easier for the feds to go after guppies (doping cyclists) than whales (wall st.)

Tony T
01-26-2013, 09:51 AM
its a lot easier for the feds to go after guppies (doping cyclists) than whales (wall st.)

Wall Street is doing quite well these days.

jbrainin
01-26-2013, 12:41 PM
I plan to ask Floyd for my hundred face to face at some point...

It's not about the buck...

You're right it's not about the buck. I feel that Floyd has already paid plenty for his transgressions. Unlike his more famous teammate, Floyd has lost pretty much everything. If I could get his email address, I'd tell him I don't want my money back.

merlincustom1
01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Floyd already has to give back cash as part of his plea deal. Anything he might see as a whistleblower is going elsewhere, depending on how much he gets.

clyde the point
01-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Whose the pitcher and whose the catcher?

Maybe he and Lance can be cell-mates.[/QUOTE]

Bud_E
01-26-2013, 08:26 PM
I figure any contributer who is also a cyclist deserves special treatment. Either they contributed knowing that he doped or they are stupid. In either case they don't deserve repayment.

yup

Tony T
01-26-2013, 09:29 PM

I guess you think the same logic applies to the investors in Madoff's funds.