PDA

View Full Version : I want to be like Weisan

Fixed
11-01-2005, 08:35 PM
bro weisan must be some kind of guy I posted pics of my bike and he sends me shifters cos I had d.t.'s and says you need these more than I do my fork breaks and what does he do ? you got it He sends me a fork ,a lot of us have stuff that we don't use .this dude is a role model, a man of action .he is a man of god and it shows. I want to be like my pal weisan oh yeah I have to put the nice steel fork on maybe this weekend that weisan sent but this carbon fork from taiwan is not to bad i.m.h.o. .cheers :beer:

Serpico
11-01-2005, 08:47 PM
good on weisan :beer:

weisan
11-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Today is All Saints Day. And that includes you fixed-pal, and all those that have gone before us. :D

Johny
11-01-2005, 09:10 PM
I think I need a MeiVici...

Good job pals.

Bud
11-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Way to be Weisan. Fixed is right- this guy is an example for us. We should help each other out whenever we can. The world needs more people like that.

It's nice to hear some good news every now and then!

oracle
11-02-2005, 01:48 AM
good work, weisan, truly a generous soul. also nice of you, fixed to publicly recognize his good work.

there are still a few corners here worth poking around in.. :)

oracle

p.s. happy november to everyone

soulspinner
11-02-2005, 04:52 AM
Your example encourages us all to be generous. Thank you.

William
11-02-2005, 05:16 AM
:cool: Weisan :cool:

William :beer:

Kevin
11-02-2005, 05:37 AM
:beer:

Kevin

weisan
11-02-2005, 05:42 AM
What an encouragement this is to me! Thank you pals for the kind words.

I was not a generous person by nature. It takes a fair amount of effort and the transforming power that comes from above in order "to die and give myself away to others." All praise be to God. I would appreciate your continuing prayer that I would perservere to the last and when I am called home to the Lord, these are the words I yearn to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" (Matthew 25:23)

I especially cherish every friendship I made on this forum, they are very precious to me. My wife and our three kids just left yesterday morning to go visit our folks in Singapore. They will be there for an extended period of time, four months to be exact. And my wife is 11-weeks pregnant with our fourth child and she was dealing with the morning sickness and throwing up as we leave the house...it's going to be extra tough. :o

Even as we speak, they are on their 32 hours odyssey that started from Austin yesterday morning at 6:27 AM, transit through Memphis and Seattle before crossing over the ocean to Tokyo and now, in the last leg of their journey, probably the most grueling part of the travel, the last 5+ hours before they reach the final destination a little past noon today. I just hope they get there safely without too much trouble.

Before you start thinking that I am deserting my family for four months... :p...I am picking up where we left off in January and spending two months over there before heading back together early March next year.
So, I will be living with an empty house in the month of Nov and Dec...if any of you folks would like to come visit Austin, you are more than welcome to stay with me, and I will try my best to be a good host even though the wife is not around. This is an open invitation to all. ;)

Peace
weisan

RABikes2
11-02-2005, 06:03 AM
Weisan-pal :) :) :) :) :) You, dear friend, are blessed.

RA

Big Dan
11-02-2005, 06:41 AM
Way to go Weisan..... :)

Now where's the chrome fork that bike needs....... :cool:

PBWrench
11-02-2005, 07:59 AM
weisan-pal -- I may send my C40 to winter in Austin with you -- it was intrigued by your bike's beautiful paint job and wants to learn more.

weisan
11-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Fixed-pal, you better hurry up, BigDan-pal would not contend with that carbon fork you have.

Wrench-pal, you are too kind. To be honest, when you were here a few weeks ago and we were riding down the last stretch of road before I headed off back to work, I am almost tempted to ask for your permission to try out your C-40. But then when I thought about punishing your body in trying to squeeze into the cockpit of my 54cm bike when you normally ride a 60 cm, I refrained from asking. I certainly don't want to introduce any pain in your body the day before the RFTR event. As for the other way round, it won't be problem, I have ridden anything from 52 all the way up to 64 cm. :D

weisan
11-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Weisan-pal :) :) :) :) :) You, dear friend, are blessed.

RA

Sweet RA-pal, you are right, I am truly blessed. Any chance I can get you to visit Austin?
:p

Kirk Pacenti
11-02-2005, 09:21 AM
It takes a fair amount of effort and the transforming power that comes from above in order "to die and give myself away to others." All praise be to God. I would appreciate your continuing prayer that I would perservere to the last and when I am called home to the Lord, these are the words I yearn to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" (Matthew 25:23)

Amen Weisan. This is all that REALLY matters in life.

ergott
11-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Although I don't know you that well you do sound like quite the upstanding citizen.
:beer:

Big Dan
11-02-2005, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=weisan]Fixed-pal, you better hurry up, BigDan-pal would not contend with that carbon fork you have.

That's right..

Chrome baby, Chrome.............

:D

Ray
11-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Hear Hear! Good on you Weisan buddy. Nothing but positive words and encouragement from this fine man. When I was in the process of leaving my job back in April, Weisan was the more encouraging and understanding than just about anyone. It was and is APPRECIATED! Whatever your path to enlightenment and good-citizenship, you seem to have found it. I feel bad for you with your family away for that long. I know you'll miss them a lot.

Hang in there Weisan and keep up the good-guyness!

-Ray

weisan
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all the kind words, gentlemen. I knew most, if not all, of you here are older and much wiser than I am, so I really appreciate what you said. But can I still get your permission to take a cheap shot or two at some of my pals like the Jerk or DOofUs or S-A-N-D-Y or Kevin occasionally, would that be ok? :D

If it's Uncle Bob, I don't think I need to ask permission, my gunsight is trained on him no matter where he goes. :cool:

weisan
11-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Thought I might give a quick update as I am sure a few of my pals down here have been praying for us...the latest news is that the wife and kids made it across the pacific ocean in one piece. I caught them on my dad's cellphone on their way home from the airport. My wife reported that the kids did much better than expected. My son Luke (2 yr) said to his mum, "I want to go outside and play now." That was 2 hours before landing. Consider the fact that at that point they would have been on the road close to 30 hours, I am very pleased with the young chap. A huge credit goes to her two older sisters (7, & 5) who kept him occupied and stayed out of trouble. What a relief to finally hear their voice over the other end. ;)

Fixed
11-02-2005, 03:06 PM
bro I know you can rest easy now. thanks .cheers