PDA

View Full Version : Pseudo "Fall" riding weather....

William
11-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Is this Fall New England weather great or what???? Mid 70's, sunshine, wild fall colors and dry leaves blowing around. :banana: I just had to knock off early and put in a good 45. There's something nice about being able to feel and smell "Fall" while your riding in nice unseasonably warm temps. It will be a little cooler Wednesday but should be another good one to get in a few miles. :D

William

Tom
11-01-2005, 01:51 PM
In and out of cold drafts from the woods, sun on the south side of the ridges was warm. The sunrise was real nice.

Fixed
11-01-2005, 02:13 PM
bro I ve been wet all day but at least it's warm mid 70's cheers :beer:

keno
11-01-2005, 02:26 PM
went out for two hours at 8:00am and was wowed. A true treat any time of year, and nothing suedo about it.

keno

Dr. Doofus
11-01-2005, 02:26 PM
its a perfect 65 and dry in the bike room for the twice-daily trainer sessions

back on the road Dec1?

Kevan
11-01-2005, 02:50 PM
William!!!

But now that you mention it, I had a wonderful ride Sunday being wowed by the same stuff myself.

I have to wait until next Sunday to do it again.

dauwhe
11-01-2005, 03:01 PM
And I rode 100 miles on Saturday, when it was COLD, because I had an indoor committment for Sunday, which was beautiful!

It was still great to be biking past the snow in Searsburg, Vermont...

DC

Chief
11-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Can't beat South Central Texas for riding this time of the year! Crisp, cool mornings and a beautiful blue sky. All is right with the world and its great to be alive. :banana:

spiderman
11-01-2005, 03:36 PM
my 3 mile commute was beautiful this morning...
and the extended 25 mile route at noon
monday and tuesday this week were just like you describe...
...except a little cooler...
...and not in new england...
morning ride of 38 degrees and the noon ride 50.
i've really enjoyed the new on/off road routes.
10% is off-road now with my cross/winter tires.
...if i buy that ibis cross/mountain bike
i might not ever get back on the road...
i do like hitting 30 plus on the open road, though.
it would be tough to give that up!

beungood
11-01-2005, 06:41 PM
As soon as I went off duty I parked the HD and brought out my ride and pedaled through the Blue Hills Reservation getting used to my new fit and also to take in some wild colors and smell the leaves. I might have to' play hooky this week....... :banana:

Tailwinds
11-01-2005, 06:46 PM
79 degrees in Denver tomorrow, and we still have lots of color everywhere. The mountaintops are covered in snow. Does it get much better than this? I think I'm in bike heaven! :banana: :D