PDA

View Full Version : Anybody familiar with Circus Monkey hubs,have an email for them or know where to buy?

4Rings6Stars
01-20-2013, 01:14 AM
They list a 135 Campy compatible disc hub on their website, but I can't find anywhere to buy it.

I tried the email address on the site and it got returned undeliverable...

Is this company still active in the US? I see a bunch of hubs on ebay from a seller in Taiwan...sent a question to them as well but haven't heard back.

vqdriver
01-20-2013, 01:49 AM
I like em. Just as smooth as my dt set and 7700 sets

Fwiw that eBay seller sold me a replacement freehub body without issue.

eddief
01-20-2013, 07:53 AM
http://www.circusbike.com/

oldpotatoe
01-20-2013, 08:07 AM
They list a 135 Campy compatible disc hub on their website, but I can't find anywhere to buy it.

Is this company still active in the US? I see a bunch of hubs on ebay from a seller in Taiwan...sent a question to them as well but haven't heard back.

No distributor in the USA listed. So the company isn't 'in' the US at all..buy direct, I guess. They are made in Taiwan, pretty sure.

4Rings6Stars
01-20-2013, 08:12 AM
http://www.circusbike.com/

The website is lovely, but the contact address and links do not work and there is no mention of where one can buy the hubs.

Not trying to be a dick, I really appreciate any and all advice, but did you really think I didn't/couldn't find their website? Again, not trying to be a jerk, just can't tell if this was a backhanded post or an actual attempt to help.

oldpotatoe
01-20-2013, 08:18 AM
The website is lovely, but the contact address and links do not work and there is no mention of where one can buy the hubs.

Not trying to be a dick, I really appreciate any and all advice, but did you really think I didn't/couldn't find their website? Again, not trying to be a jerk, just can't tell if this was a backhanded post or an actual attempt to help.

I'll bet number 2..I am a computer/interweb idiot, not saying you are but I think trying to help.

AngryScientist
01-20-2013, 08:28 AM

i've thought about these hubs too in the past, being a campy guy they look like an attractive option, but what you said above is what steered me away. sure, you could buy a hub from one of the ebay sellers, but what if it arrives damaged, or you ever need parts/service for it.

IMO, in 2013 - a website with bad contact info, and dead links is an outfit i dont want to do business with, unless i know the seller personally.

eddief
01-20-2013, 08:37 AM
nor was I trying to irritate. Just was moving a little too fast to be helpful. it is interesting to note the many thousands of transactions on ebay and the percentage of good vs bad feedback. would be a bummer to be in the bad column, but that's a lot o transactions in the good column.

4Rings6Stars
01-20-2013, 09:36 AM
nor was I trying to irritate. Just was moving a little too fast to be helpful. it is interesting to note the many thousands of transactions on ebay and the percentage of good vs bad feedback. would be a bummer to be in the bad column, but that's a lot o transactions in the good column.

Got ya. I really wasn't sure if it was trying to be helpful or not. At first I took it like the old posts where somebody asks a question, and another responds with the "Let me google that for you" link.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=circus+monkey+hubs

cmg
01-20-2013, 12:11 PM
did you contact any of the distributors listed on their website? maybe one of those guys will do international shipping of a single item or give you a clue as to what ever else circus money is made into. Novatec?

4Rings6Stars
01-20-2013, 12:52 PM
did you contact any of the distributors listed on their website? maybe one of those guys will do international shipping of a single item or give you a clue as to what ever else circus money is made into. Novatec?

I didn't. Similar to AngryScientist, I was a little put off by the lack of a functioning website and disconnected email addresses.

I'm hoping the ebay seller gets back to me and we can work something out.

GRAVELBIKE
01-20-2013, 01:01 PM

I've emailed them multiple times, and they've never responded to any of my queries.

Volant
01-21-2013, 02:16 AM
They have been great hubs for me (running disc-road). I just laced another lightweight pair (for disc and 32h), all black, but haven't pulled them up. There's a guy in Colorado that resells them. I'll have to hunt around for his contact info if you want it (but, they are not under the Circus Monkey brand - with the banana).