PDA

View Full Version : Oprah/Lance Pool: Let the fun begin!

BumbleBeeDave
01-17-2013, 02:43 PM
OK, so when exactly does this shindig start on OWN, now that I have located a suitable friend to mooch cable off of? :D

My personal favorite bet is that he will utter the phrase " . . . had to do it in order to compete" (or similar wording) before the 15 minute mark once the interview proper begins.

This is keeping in mind that I assume they will do some sort of heavily emotion-laden intro piece that makes sure to point out Lance's diffcult early life and noble struggles . . . so the real money shot may not occur till closer to the 30 minute mark.

Place your bets, ladies AND gentlemen! EVERY-one's a winner!* . . . Except LA.

(Please note The Paceline.net is not an any way endorsing real wagering on this vitally important issue of national interest. Please abide by all local statues.)

sc53
01-17-2013, 02:48 PM
He will utter the word "cancer" at least three times in the first two minutes.

Lewis Moon
01-17-2013, 02:52 PM

Beat me to it.

Joachim
01-17-2013, 02:57 PM
"we" wanted to be the best....

BumbleBeeDave
01-17-2013, 02:58 PM

. . . way too easy. :rolleyes:

Tony T
01-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Yes, please turn this into a drinking game and do a shot every time cancer is mentioned.

Much fun. :no:

vqdriver
01-17-2013, 03:03 PM
online lance interview drinking game.

http://drunkcyclist.com/2013/01/16/the-oprah-winfrey-lance-armstrong-interview-drinking-game/

basically this game is heavily slanted toward the abuse of your liver. Suck it up, fatboy. Pimp’n ain’t easy

Preliminary matters:
- Immediately shotgun a beer if he is wearing yellow during the interview.

Take one drink If Lance:
- says the word “cancer”
- says the word “hope”
- says the word “regret”
- says the word “lie”
- says the word “God”
- uses the phrase “everyone was doing it”
- blinks two or more times before responding to Oprah

Endurance drinking:
- Begin drinking at the first sign of tears forming in Lance Armstrong’s cold, dead eyes, and continue to drink until he stops crying. (This may require close proximity to backup drinks because, baby, here come the water works. See How to Cry On the Spot.)

Finish your drink if Lance says he regrets the way he treated:
- Greg Lemond
- Betsy Andreu
- Emma O’Reilly (Updated, because really. Hat tip IcemanYVR.)
- Frankie Andreu
- Tyler Hamiltion
- Floyed Landis
- Filippo Simeoni
- Mike Anderson
- David Walsh
- Paul Kimmage
(There are so many, I had to stop the list. Please forgive any exclusions.)

Random rules:
- Snort a line of salt if he admits to perjury.
- Throw entire shot, beer, Bloody Mary, glass of Malbec, whatever floats your boat and trips your trigger over your shoulder if he blames Johann Bruyneel.

BumbleBeeDave
01-17-2013, 03:10 PM
. . . call him the "Drunk Cyclist."

BBD

zmudshark
01-17-2013, 03:10 PM
http://drunkcyclist.com/2013/01/16/the-oprah-winfrey-lance-armstrong-interview-drinking-game/

I knew I could count on my former riding partner to come through!

Miss ya BJ, come back to PHX!

BumbleBeeDave
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Yes, please turn this into a drinking game and do a shot every time cancer is mentioned.

. . . and disresepctful to cancer victims.

I much prefer every time he says the word "sorry."

It guarantees I'll have scarcely a sip the whole evening!

BBD

OtayBW
01-17-2013, 03:26 PM

I'll see your cancer and raise you two testicles...well...er...:eek:

Tony T
01-17-2013, 03:27 PM
That would be low class and disresepctful to cancer victims.

My point exactly. (which I tried to make with sarcasm, and a :no:)

daker13
01-17-2013, 03:28 PM
How about "mistakes were made," "I want to put all that behind me," "I don't want to talk about the past anymore," "I want to move forward"?

echelon_john
01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
Full chug for 'Omertà'

djg21
01-17-2013, 03:32 PM

I'm the friend BBDave has decided to mooch off of, and I already told Dave that I will be supplying the Scotch for just such a purpose.

That being said, we need to have a forum pool -- how many times does Mr. Armstrong (and not Orpa) utter the word "Cancer" during the course of that portion of the interview aired this evening.

My guess is twelve (12).

djg21
01-17-2013, 03:34 PM

I knew I could count on my former riding partner to come through!

Miss ya BJ, come back to PHX!

If we all played that game, there would be no viewers left after the first twenty minutes. An hour would result in alcohol poisoning.

oldpotatoe
01-17-2013, 03:47 PM

Big Sigh......

zmudshark
01-17-2013, 03:54 PM
I could be mistaken, but my take is that the whole thing is a scripted joke, and Big Jonny hit the nail squarely on the head in that regard.

Tony T
01-17-2013, 04:05 PM
Big Sigh......

Where's that damn sarcasm button!! I though :no: was it.

oldguy00
01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Dude pulls through with flying colors and wins back most of his fans.

rice rocket
01-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Leaked footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOxQ6aEWNJU

BumbleBeeDave
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM
:banana:

PQJ
01-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Dude pulls through with flying colors and wins back most of his fans.

And in other news, Jordan agreed to move all its people to Saudi Arabia, the Saudi's are ok with this, the Israelis and Palestinians have agreed to split the area formerly known as Israel/Jordan 50/50, Iran has agreed to divert 50% of all its oil revenues for the next 10 years to the New Israel and the New Palestine, and Egypt has agreed to move the Pyramid of Giza and the Sphinx to a new theme park to be called "Tolerance and the World's Great Wonders" slated for development in Mississippi.

gdw
01-17-2013, 05:10 PM
There's something really pathetic about a bunch of guys getting all excited about an Oprah interview. Methinks you folks should give the Lance threads a rest and revive the low T discussion. :banana:

1/2 Wheeler
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
There's something really pathetic about a bunch of guys getting all excited about an Oprah interview. Methinks you folks should give the Lance threads a rest and revive the low T discussion. :banana:

It is certainly something this group has in common!:banana:

Steelman
01-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Oprah's guest co-host Jerry Springer, introduces Filippo Simeoni, Armstrong looks shocked.

Simeoni then proceeds to beat him unconscious
with a Silca carbon fibre minipump.

The audience applauds with enthusiasm. A fanboy from this forum performs mouth to mouth.

TPetsch
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
I'm guessing that in many cases where Lance should say "I" "Me" or "Myself" he will use the word "Team".

martinrjensen
01-17-2013, 07:23 PM
you know, I've read just about every single possible phrase or word that he could ever think of saying. You got it covered. I guess everyone here is a mind reader.

zmudshark
01-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Big Jonny has an alternative to the drinking game:

http://drunkcyclist.com/2013/01/09/bingostrong/

mandasol
01-17-2013, 08:02 PM
Thursday and Friday 9pm US Eastern time

http://ownspecial.oprah.com/lancearmstrong.html

JeffreyG
01-17-2013, 08:20 PM
Whoa! He just denied doping again. How come he reminds me of George W. Bush right now? Everything about him.

Louis
01-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Whoa! He just denied doping again.

Of course he didn't dope, he was too busy coming up with a cure for cancer.

Wilkinson4
01-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Whoa! He just denied doping again. How come he reminds me of George W. Bush right now? Everything about him.

How about Bill Clinton? Really? This is about him and his lying, cheating, deception and self serving crap. I am having a hard time watching him right now.

mIKE

martinrjensen
01-17-2013, 08:53 PM
I missed that part. When did he say that? All I have heard was he admitted to doping. You mean where he says he didn't dope after 2005?Whoa! He just denied doping again. How come he reminds me of George W. Bush right now? Everything about him.

Tony T
01-17-2013, 08:58 PM
I missed that part. When did he say that? All I have heard was he admitted to doping. You mean where he says he didn't dope after 2005?

Yes, said he wasn’t doping when he made his comeback to cycling in 2009.
Must be true, remember all the affidavits said that doping was only limited to Postal :rolleyes:

JeffreyG
01-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Yes, said he wasn’t doping when he made his comeback to cycling in 2009.
Must be true, remember all the affidavits said that doping was only limited to Postal :rolleyes:

Biological passport must not hold up in court. The drug testing equivalent of the lie detector test? I wish Oprah had one of those

Hawker
01-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Biological passport must not hold up in court. The drug testing equivalent of the lie detector test? I wish Oprah had one of those

You have to go to dr.Phil for one of those.

eddief
01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
and then turned it off. creepy.

Bob Ross
01-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Wow, who'd have thunk that the secret word to ensure getting plastered when playing the Lance/Oprah Drinking Game was "scary"?