PDA

View Full Version : Bad News about Lance!

1/2 Wheeler
01-15-2013, 11:46 PM
It’s going to work in his favor. The softening of the media starts as a trickle but will seethe into a gush within weeks.

He may never compete in a sanction race, but there will be a whole series of events that he does compete in. These events will raise millions more for his cause and he will be loved and admired again.

coylifut
01-16-2013, 12:46 AM
at some point he'll be cross examined in open court by a very skillful attorney after he's admitted to lying for years. He's not going to like that. he thinks he's made peace with the worst case scenario, but he has no idea how bad it's going to get before it turns and gets better.

54ny77
01-16-2013, 01:08 AM
i'd pay good money to watch david boies have a field day.

slidey
01-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Bravo Nostril'd-amos, bravo!

It’s going to work in his favor. The softening of the media starts as a trickle but will seethe into a gush within weeks.

He may never compete in a sanction race, but there will be a whole series of events that he does compete in. These events will raise millions more for his cause and he will be loved and admired again.

Louis
01-16-2013, 02:13 AM
Haters, you guys are all haters.

However, now that I've read the OP's post I feel so much better. I was depressed, but now that I know that LA will be loved and admired again the fog has lifted and all is well.

carlucci1106
01-16-2013, 02:33 AM
Lance.

Lance. :help:

Rode a Livestrong exercise bike at the gym the other day. Reminds me that he is never going away.

CaptStash
01-16-2013, 05:27 AM
....These events will raise millions more for his cause....

And this is a bad thing? Sorry, no Lance lover here, but I can't even fathom how millions more going to Livestrong could possibly be a bad thing.

Just saying.

CaptStash....

Rueda Tropical
01-16-2013, 07:44 AM
I think it's going to do the opposite of what LA was hoping. It seems the tidal wave of crap that was engulfing the Lance brand and hammering his finances has just started to rapidly accelerate and grow exponentially larger with news of his confession.

On the drive into work I was surprised to hear the host's on a Spanish language radio pop music station playing Oprah's press comments about the interview, they all discussed Armstrong and not one word of it was positive towards LA. So he's certainly getting the publicity, just not the kind he was hoping for.

The Italian Judge going after Ferrari and crew is going to be amped about Ferrari having the rug pulled out from under him. Open season. The UCI looks like it's toast, how long before Swiss and Euro authorities start investigations. All that will increase the blow back to Lance and company.

LA offered to kiss and make up with Floyd and cooperate and pay the Feds 5 million as a settlement and the Feds rejected it. Jut that one whistleblower case could expose him and his partners to as much as $100 million in damages and payments (+ legal fees).

The hilarious part of the whistleblower case is Landis will get a millions, maybe 10's of millions. All Lance had to do was give Landis a minimum wage job on the Armstrong gravy train and none of this would have happened.

Karma is a cruel bitch.

the bottle ride
01-16-2013, 07:50 AM
Kharma is a cruel bitch- and everything coming his way he sowed.

PQJ
01-16-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm with RT on this. Unless Lance is 100% forthcoming about who, what, when, where and how, this whole PR stunt will amount to nothing more than a PR stunt. And unless Lance finds a cure for cancer or solves the Arab-Israeli conflict, he will never be loved or admired again.

1/2 Wheeler - you remind me of someone who's been here before, in more than 1 guise, methinks.

shovelhd
01-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Oprah ain't no judge.

alessandro
01-16-2013, 09:18 AM
1/2, try this on for "loved and admired again":

Not all cancer survivors ‘mesmerized’ by Lance Armstrong
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/she-the-people/wp/2013/01/15/keep-your-tacky-bracelets-lance/

Dave B
01-16-2013, 09:46 AM
This is my opinion only, but I have met several people in my life with cancer or who beat it.

Lance and his team of whomever created the term gave people fighting an idea to get behind. Livestrong is so often ridiculed for this or that, but reading a recent story about a sportscenter anchor having his cancer return he used the Livestrong phrase often. That term was brought to light by Lance. Not his idea I am sure, but he made it the voice of fight and anger towards the disease. That in itself will be his greatest legacy. I don't admire him like I once did, but he did give millions something to fight with and have hope in. That is something.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-57564262/espn-anchor-stuart-scott-on-return-of-cancer-im-scared/

http://news.yahoo.com/stuart-scotts-cancer-back-tweets-hes-fighting-hard-231339630.html