PDA

View Full Version : ebay deal gone south...

hoss
01-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Let this thread serve as a reminder, the cycling community is close knit, and we take care of each other.

thegunner
01-14-2013, 01:24 PM
damn dude, sorry to hear that -- how does ebay work on these things? isn't there some sort of implicit "pay by XXXX" thing?

Don49
01-14-2013, 01:35 PM
You can get full contact info (including phone) through eBay. I've done that before and called a buyer/seller to resolve something.

hoss
01-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Unfortunately the whole thing started because of my error. I dropped the wheels at a local shipper who "misplaced" the enormous box over the holidays. When Jeff asked me about them I promptly contacted the shipper and went and picked them up and shipped them myself via UPS. I promptly sent him an update apologizing and told him I'd through in something extra for the hassle.

Jeff stilled filed a case and ebay put a hold on my Paypal account and deducted the $650 from my bank account. Within an hour of the case being opened I supplied the tracking info and shipped the wheels.

Tracking shows the wheels were delivered but because I forgot to click the signature confirmation button ebay won't side in my favor and Jeff hasn't replied to ebay or me asking about the wheels.

So ebay presumes the seller doesn't have the wheels because of his correspondence from over two weeks ago when he opened the case even though I have tracking proof of delivery a week ago.

The lack of common sense is mind-boggling. Again, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

hoss
01-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Tried that, his phone's VM isn't set up. Go figure.

CDollarsign
01-14-2013, 01:59 PM
edited for anonymity

hoss
01-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks mate, I'll look into that. I think I found where he works.

slidey
01-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm sorry for the deal going awkward, has happened to me on CL once before...or at least I thought it had happened.

In that moment, I did exactly what you've done now - splash personal identity (name, place) of someone, which I was told is non-conformant to forum policies. I take it that the mods are busy, but its best you remove the person's identity from your post.

Hope it works out!

hoss
01-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Removing the their name would defeat the purpose of the post. I have not slandered anyone and am have stated this may just be a miscommunication on their part.

I'm seeking help from the biking community in that area. If you truly wish it works out you would not have posted.

559Rando
01-14-2013, 03:46 PM
delete

slidey
01-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Hey buddy,

I've got no rooster in this game, and I've been in a similar position as well...I'm only telling you what you'll be told by the mods a while later. How you choose to act upon this info is up to you.

Good luck!

hoss
01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
Hey Patrick!, contact me!

Patrick!
01-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Hoss I emailed you. Sorry about this I haven't been on Paypal recently and had no idea they refunded my $634. I assumed once I finally got the wheels the case would close. I agree with you the eBay protection is a joke in that I got wheels and my money. Refund is coming after this post.

Anyways if you could please remove my personal info I would appreciate it. People are posting on my Instagram and I'm sorry this happened but in all honesty I had good reason to open the case against you. It's not my fault this happened and I don't want people to think I am a scammer.

Bruce K
01-14-2013, 04:59 PM
So far this feels like an appeal to try and get an amicable resolution but workplaces, home addresses, phone numbers, etc should be done by PM, please.

Name and town, while not ideal, would help the OP reach the buyer

This will get deleted if it does get more personal or strays towards slander or libel

BK

thegunner
01-14-2013, 05:03 PM
and it seems to have worked out for the best too :)

Patrick!
01-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Refunded. please delete this. People are emailing me and posting on my instagram. Hoss please take this down

binxnyrwarrsoul
01-14-2013, 05:04 PM
FWIW I've dealt with Hoss, class A peeps. Looks like this is getting resolved.

hoss
01-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Has been resolved. I was hoping this was just a miscommunication. Thanks to the forum and Patrick for clearing this up.

AngryScientist
01-14-2013, 05:24 PM
hoss - i've edited your first post to remove personal information. i'm inclined to leave this locked thread in the archives as a reminder that everyone should do the right thing.

i'm glad this got taken care of. hoss is a good guy.

cheers.