PDA

View Full Version : Emotionally invested fans

Rueda Tropical
01-13-2013, 08:33 PM
With all the feces flinging over Armstrong going on I thought I'd share what a really serious sports fan looks like.

There are lots of storied sports rivalries. The old Brooklyn Dodgers versus the Yankees. The Red Sox and Yankees, Barcelona and Real Madrid, Manchester and Liverpool. They all pail in comparison to Boca and River in Buenos Aires.

A River fan reacting to the most successful club in the history of the Argentine league, suffering the humiliation of relegation to the Nacional B for the first time in their illustrious 110 year history.

(with English sub-titles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zeu4BrOkZF0

Fishbike
01-14-2013, 06:49 AM
I had the great experience of being in the Boca section of Buenos Aires during a Boca game. The entire community was fixated on the game -- radio in the cab, guys huddled by radios in the street, signs hung from storefronts. When Boca scored, the streets erupted, horns blared, kids jumped up and down, screams of joy rocked the neighborhood.

ultraman6970
01-14-2013, 07:54 AM
That video was when river plate went to 2nd division. Never imagine that was going to happen ever, they should have been playing like crap that season.

Interesting translation, some of the stuff he says are quite funny tho :D very argentinian lingo :)

:D

The goverment suspended football games like for 2 years due to problems in the streets and people dead at the end of the games, us just insane how football move those guys, economy is so bad that soccer is the only thing they focus on.