PDA

View Full Version : Dura Ace C24 wheel question

LegendRider
01-11-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't recall ever seeing these wheels with blue graphics and nipples. Does anyone know the story?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shimano-Dura-Ace-C24-Carbon-Clincher-Wheelset-tubeless-WH-7850-/160949928701?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25795d02fd

gavingould
01-11-2013, 02:21 PM
i'm guessing they were OEM on something - also seller says new take off from a bike. you see that once in a while with higher end OEM bikes, diff graphic colors and maybe color bolts. can't think of any i've seen off the top of my head, but i know they're out there

rnhood
01-11-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure but Giant used this wheel as standard build on their upper end road bikes for a while. As I remember, they had the blue graphics but I could be wrong. The fact that the seller advertises them as a take-off leads me to thing these came off a Giant.

Don't buy without checking with a shop or someone in the know. In fact, why not just buy the new 9000 C24 tubless (or standard non-tubless) for about $850 from PBK or Chainreaction. The newer model is improved with wider rim, upgraded hub it also accepts 11 speed. Its a no brainer - Pass on those ebay take-offs, or whatever they are.

LegendRider
01-11-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure but Giant used this wheel as standard build on their upper end road bikes for a while. As I remember, they had the blue graphics but I could be wrong. The fact that the seller advertises them as a take-off leads me to thing these came off a Giant.

Don't buy without checking with a shop or someone in the know. In fact, why not just buy the new 9000 C24 tubless (or standard non-tubless) for about $850 from PBK or Chainreaction. The newer model is improved with wider rim, upgraded hub it also accepts 11 speed. Its a no brainer - Pass on those ebay take-offs, or whatever they are.

I think you're right about them being Giant take-offs.

I also agree about getting the 9000 11sp compatible ones from a Brit seller, but I was asking for a friend who expressed interest. I was pass along your thoughts.

Thanks.