PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects

oldmill
10-30-2005, 01:31 PM
The change in the clock and the earlier darkness means it's time to start thinking about winter projects. What are people working on? I'm intrigued by the 650b coversion idea. I may take my old lugged Koga Miyata frame that's been gathering dust, stick some 650bs and fenders on it and see how it works as a winter all-rounder. I also ordered a Shimano dyno-hub for he commuter bike in an effort to keep commuting through the winter months. Ask me at 6;:30am on a cold Tuesday morning in January to see how that's going.

Smiley
10-30-2005, 04:25 PM
You should be riding your ANT and not the IF nowadays Oldmill , sorry I did not stop as I needed to get home , noticed that SO Oldmill was behind you. Did you get her the POCO's . Have her swing by and lets make that PEG fit her better .

Oh yeah winter project is 10 speed conversion of the Hors Cat :banana:

eddief
10-30-2005, 05:50 PM
Don't know exactly what to do with it, but could not resist as the size should be perfect and the condition ungodly. Interested in seeing how this old Japan-built lugged steel rides in comparison to my newer Rambouillet and Rex.
Should be fun.

Just in case you wanna see photos, they were too big for here, so I posted them here:

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?p=428842#post428842

Dekonick
10-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Computrainer + rollers as a working single unit - still musing over how to go about it...should be interesting!

Also building up another fixie (an older Eddy Merckx - 1990's Ti built by litespeed) - still need wheels for that...

oldmill
10-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Smiley - No worries on the nonstop. We were on our way home too. She got the Pocos and says they're great, but they sent her a mtb stem instead of a road, so she's still sorting out the stem stuff. We'll come by for a fitting one of these days. She may need some help on her Poprad too. As for the ANT, that's seeing plenty of action these days and will see more in the winter months. P.S. I think I just hijacked my own thread