PDA

View Full Version : The anticipation is killing me!

jmoore
01-10-2013, 04:25 PM
My deposit and fitting information was confirmed received last week.

I know I have to be patient. But I'm itching to see what the first draft of frame specs are going to look like. Dying, I tell you!

I know it will all be worth it.

4Rings6Stars
01-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Who's building what kind of bike? Let me share your excitement vicariously since it will be a while before I'm dropping down a deposit of my own...

bluesea
01-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Must be a Kirk.

jmoore
01-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Kelly Bedford - TIG road frame with a paint upgrade

soulspinner
01-10-2013, 06:30 PM

Now you got my attention!!!!! Ti or steel?

wc1934
01-10-2013, 08:21 PM

Lucky you!!!!!
How long of a wait?
What's the color scheme?
What's the build?
We need more info.
Have to post pics.

rounder
01-10-2013, 08:30 PM
At some point you will receive a build sheet that may indicate serotta (Serotta...i didn't order no serotta). It will have your bike specs. It is a fun process. You will love it. Been there twice.

slidey
01-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear that my friend, thou shalt be missed.

However, I shall take very good care of your bike when you're gone...feel free to PM me so I can get in my suggestions on this build. Thanks in advance! :banana:

Dying, I tell you!

jmoore
01-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Now you got my attention!!!!! Ti or steel?

steel

Lucky you!!!!!
How long of a wait?
What's the color scheme?
What's the build?
We need more info.
Have to post pics.

2-3 months quoted
pearl white with panels (probably)
Ultegra
agreed
I promise lots of pics

Fishbike
01-11-2013, 10:41 AM
And what color panels? Because envisioning your soon-to-be bike is more interesting than what I should be doing.

jmoore
01-11-2013, 11:46 AM
And what color panels? Because envisioning your so-to-be bike is more interesting than what I should be doing.

I'm leaning towards mango or rusty orange, similar to the Chris King color. Possibly some black accents. But I'm open to suggestions from the painter for refinements/improvements.

jpw
01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
My deposit and fitting information was confirmed received last week.

I know I have to be patient. But I'm itching to see what the first draft of frame specs are going to look like. Dying, I tell you!

I know it will all be worth it.

oh, not about Lance. :)

SPOKE
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Kelly has built me a couple bikes since he hung out his shingle.
They are great bikes! The last one he built gor me is one of his TIG Comp frames in the standard Carolina blue color.

katematt
01-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I purchased Jmeloy's steel TIG Beford here, so I had almost instant gratification. It was almost within a mm of my own custom specs.

She's pretty, fun, stiff and light. Its been fun even though its still winter..

Enjoy

jmoore
01-11-2013, 12:00 PM
I've had the hidden envelope with $100 bills accumulating for a good while. So my anticipation has been building for a long time.

But now that it's actually moving forward, it's WAY ramped up. I'm enjoying every step of the process.

zmudshark
01-11-2013, 01:23 PM
If we could have only talked you into a nice campy groupset, oh well...;)

jmoore
01-11-2013, 01:36 PM
If we could have only talked you into a nice campy groupset, oh well...;)

Don't be a hater. :no: :D

And I already have all the Shimano tools and wheels.

zmudshark
01-11-2013, 05:44 PM
No hate, my friend, it all works.

If I was to lose all my bikes, Bedford would be on the short list, along with Wages & Kirk.

I just wish you would bring it out to AZ for a Spring ride so I could drool over it. Maybe next year.

Did you sell the Merckx Leader?

jmoore
01-12-2013, 01:24 AM
I'm positive Kelly will build me a fantastic bike, as would a number of others.

I will definitely bring it to AZ at first opportunity. Since this will probably be my main bike for a LONG time, I intend to ride it to death. At some point I may send you a set of wheels to leave in your garage (if you don't mind) to save me having to pack them in the infernal bike box.

The MX Leader is still not sold. I have had plenty of interest but no takers just yet. I dropped the price a bit even. It won't go down any lower. If I get no takers, I have no issue keeping it. Heck, I could leave it in AZ and not even have to ship a bike back and forth. That would probably get me out there in the fall sometime as well :hello:

No hate, my friend, it all works.

If I was to lose all my bikes, Bedford would be on the short list, along with Wages & Kirk.

I just wish you would bring it out to AZ for a Spring ride so I could drool over it. Maybe next year.

Did you sell the Merckx Leader?

jlwdm
01-12-2013, 06:42 AM
Don't be a hater. :no: :D

And I already have all the Shimano tools and wheels.

A New Bedford deserves new wheels though. I flew to AZ yesterday and driving back today - just getting up in Willcox, AZ. Too many favorite bike shops in AZ. Ended up with two new sets of wheels.

Where did you say that envelope of $100 bills is?

Jeff

K Bedford
01-12-2013, 11:07 AM
First round of the draft is in riding the airwaves.
Should have your frame on the jig real soon.
K

jmoore
01-12-2013, 07:01 PM
First round of the draft is in riding the airwaves.
Should have your frame on the jig real soon.
K

And the man himself comes through with the papers! :hello:

Excellent to talk to you this morning Kelly. I think we are very close with what we discussed. I'll get to the fitter and on the fit cycle with the updated numbers and we'll have that frame getting tig'd up in no time.

Did I mention I was excited about this?

jmoore
01-12-2013, 07:03 PM
A New Bedford deserves new wheels though. I flew to AZ yesterday and driving back today - just getting up in Willcox, AZ. Too many favorite bike shops in AZ. Ended up with two new sets of wheels.

Where did you say that envelope of $100 bills is?

Jeff

I'm mulling over details for new wheels but I gotta restock the envelope a bit first. Probably H+ Son Archetypes and Chris King hubs.

jmoore
01-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Bam!