PDA

View Full Version : Ribble-branded frames any good?

FastforaSlowGuy
01-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Has anyone tried one of these? Many of the designs look like asian copies of some mainstream bikes, and the prices are ridiculous.

thinpin
01-10-2013, 02:30 PM
No personal experience, but there are lots of great reviews and comment around on various forums.

FastforaSlowGuy
01-10-2013, 02:39 PM
I did see the reviews bike radar did, but I haven't seen any long term ride reports. I will keep looking around the forums.

Llewellyn
01-10-2013, 08:14 PM
Try yacf.co.uk. I remember seeing various comments on there about Ribble frames when I used to visit. Almost everything I've read anywhere says that they are really good value for money

RonW87
01-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Many of the designs look like asian copies of some mainstream bikes...

This is backwards. Nowadays, most mainstream bikes are "copies" of Asian bikes.

cp43
01-11-2013, 09:04 AM
One of my team mates has a Ribble that he uses as his bad weather bike. He's had it for at least 6 or 7 years, probably longer. He hasn't ever mentioned any problems, though I haven't specifically asked.

If you're looking for a cheap frame, take a look at the Nashbar branded frames too. Similar price to the Ribble ones. I've had a Nashbar cross frame for 4 years now, and it's been great.

Chris

ultraman6970
01-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Nashbar has a 500 bucks carbon frame and fork ready Di2 i believe. Cheaper and easier than deal with asian dealers IMO. Just a nice paint job and that frame will look like a million bucks.

ColnagoFan
01-11-2013, 09:47 AM

How is that even close to being true?

mcteague
01-11-2013, 10:25 AM

Not "copies" of...ARE Asian bikes.

Tim

Ralph
01-11-2013, 11:08 AM
With a CF frame from Ribble, I'd be more concerned about possible damage in shipping from UK to US than quality of frame. What's the hassle factor in shipping it back to them if necessary? I think Ribble is fine as an E sellor, and I'm sure their house brand bikes are OK for the price also. CF damages easy in shipment. But maybe I'm wrong, and they have shipping figured out also.

I bought some tires from them recently, had to send one back at my expense. They handled it fine, but took about a month to get replacement.