PDA

View Full Version : Feeler = How high can I price?

floxy1
01-09-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty new in these parts but baffled at this whole 'feeler' concept. Nearly every case is someone tryig to find the top of the market. What's the point? It's easy enough to take pics of parts that are being used on a bike if you're worried about taking them off and not selling. I could maybe understand a one-of-a-kind rare frame but not mainstream parts that can easy be priced with a little research. Plenty of people post for sale and ask for feedback if prices are out of line. Excuse the rant...what am I missing?

bargainguy
01-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Floxy, you're not missing a thing.

Not everyone has the inclination to research, take decent photos, write decent copy, whatever. You'll see the gamut. Minimal descriptions with no pix, as well as detailed and well-written descriptions with multiple high-quality pix.

Now most folks know what kind of money they have into anything. It's more of a "I won't part with it super cheap because I don't know what the market will bear, but I'm unwilling to find that number myself so I'm asking for your help" situation. To each his own.

slidey
01-09-2013, 06:34 PM
There's a "That's what she said" joke in there, somewhere...

just got to feel it out (and, that's what she said) :D

thegunner
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM
although -- sometimes i post a 'feeler' and i honestly just want to give someone a good deal. i genuinely want to know what would be fair to them... so take it how you will :)