PDA

View Full Version : Wool jerseys

H.Frank Beshear
10-29-2005, 10:52 PM
So the Big Easy and I are going for a ride in the morning, he wants to leave around 8:30. Its a little chilly but thats when the ORG ride takes off so we should be allright he says. (ORG Old Retired Geezers ride :banana: ) I'll wear a wool jersey should be allright says I, course you wouldnt remember wool jerseys would ya. Hold phone from ear for a long lecture on care and feeding of wool jerseys since he wore those when I was still in diapers :D he's 2 years younger than my father so probably true. How in the h**l did I come across a wool jersey? Thanks to MA says I. Then explain how I came to own one. He owned a shop for years still rides down tube, and understands my jones for a retro bike. He may bring out his Raleigh 3 speed tomorrow since its an easy ride. He's working on getting the bugs out before he does his 3 speed ride in the spring in period costumes. Should be a good tme regardless. I bought my first real road bike from Erroll and I look foward to the times we are able to spend on the road together. Almost like riding with my Dad. Take care all Frank

dirtdigger88
10-30-2005, 07:00 AM
Frank- Ive read this twice- and i am still not sure what your point is- so I will just chime in and say - I love wool as well-

I have handed out links to the Ibex site to my parents and wife- hint hint hint

You gottal love christmas and a birthday a month apart

enjoy the ride

Jason

shaq-d
10-30-2005, 08:48 AM
no idea but nice post. weather's awesome here too. sun's up. best weekend in weeks. months.

sd

Fixed
10-30-2005, 02:45 PM
bro How about wool shorts remember them? cheers :beer:

dirtdigger88
10-30-2005, 04:13 PM
bro How about wool shorts remember them? cheers :beer:

Ibex (http://ibex.com/F05/View_Product.php?GarmentID=428&thePhoto=../Photos/F05/1071_5347.jpg&Category=1035&CategoryLine=) again-

Jason

Ginger
10-30-2005, 05:55 PM
He didn't know wool like the wool you've got Hank...

Ya know Jason...I like the quality of the IBEX, but for me...my ibex is just too heavy. I've been wearing the Giro di Bozeman SPOT jerseys in the nice fall weather and they're just right.

Hank, remember to get a picture taken of you in your Bozeman jersey and sent it along to jessica at Spot brand... We didn't get a group photo taken with them on...it was tooo warm in Montana!

dbrk
10-30-2005, 09:56 PM
No plastic jerseys for me. There is so much really great wool out there I can't fathom anything else. There are some that mix in acrylic but I prefer the all wool. The best, imo, right now are from Rapha. Look here: http://www.rapha.cc/
Of course, you gotta pay for these and whether it's worth it or not is your call.

dbrk
who also has no idea what the original post was trying to say...

GoJavs
10-30-2005, 10:50 PM
That Rapha site is amazing. It really makes me want to light a match on my '90s neon and pastels collection... :crap:

bironi
10-30-2005, 11:40 PM
DBRK-

Thank you, always looking for great wool wear, but where is the color on this site?

Byron

The Spider
10-31-2005, 12:42 AM
DBRK-

Thank you, always looking for great wool wear, but where is the color on this site?

Byron

Some of those tops have pink trim! Great colour!

I'm a bit worried bout the black rain jacket...it's dark, wet and cold...the coppers are going scrape you off the road with a shovel if your all in black!

bluesea
10-31-2005, 10:45 AM
That Rapha site is amazing. It really makes me want to light a match on my '90s neon and pastels collection... :crap:

I like the pic of the guy wiping his nose on his glove. Some class items, for sure....their gloves are amazing, very desirable.

bluesea
10-31-2005, 04:04 PM
Gloves (http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=62)

dirtdigger88
10-31-2005, 05:00 PM
at near $150 before shipping-

they should wipe the snot for me

they do look nice though. . . :rolleyes:

Jason

Johny
10-31-2005, 06:20 PM
buy rapha. rapha is the best. it's easy to get a 20% coupon from them (check their website), Since some of you did not read dr. dbrk's earlier posts about rapha when they had a summer sale two months ago, you are responsible to pay more. :D