PDA

View Full Version : LA's new bike

chismog
01-07-2013, 12:15 AM
And I thought I was avoiding the whole Lance/Trek thing with a Crumpton. :rolleyes:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/cgi/gallerypicget.asp?pic=http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races13/misc13/lance.jpg

54ny77
01-07-2013, 12:20 AM
a doped up masters cyclist in so cal? no way!

bargainguy
01-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Right knee with significant bend even though at/near the bottom of the pedal stroke. Is that saddle way too low for a world class rider or is it just me?

dd74
01-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Rockin' the Di2 as well.

jpw
01-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Specialized shoes (no socks?), and helmet.

Oakley glasses?

No Livestrong wrist band.

soulspinner
01-07-2013, 04:17 AM
No Trek he he. He has good taste in customs.

jpw
01-07-2013, 06:01 AM
which Crumpton model is he riding?

AngryScientist
01-07-2013, 06:13 AM
he's too fat for this sport.

SolidSnake03
01-07-2013, 06:46 AM
The No-Socks is a Triathlon thing....I would know since I sometimes proceed my biking with a swim and follow it with a run :p

Specialized shoes (no socks?), and helmet.

Oakley glasses?

No Livestrong wrist band.

jpw
01-07-2013, 06:54 AM
The No-Socks is a Triathlon thing....I would know since I sometimes proceed my biking with a swim and follow it with a run :p

oh, so that's what it is, smelly shoes ;-)

BumbleBeeDave
01-07-2013, 08:09 AM
. . . I would be sending him a letter demanding he remove the wheel logos . . . :D

BBD

TimD
01-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Just ridin' along.

oldpotatoe
01-07-2013, 08:13 AM
And I thought I was avoiding the whole Lance/Trek thing with a Crumpton. :rolleyes:

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/cgi/gallerypicget.asp?pic=http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/photos/races13/misc13/lance.jpg

I would have thought 'his' bike shop would carry Crumpton..but they don't...

doesn't he have some $ into sram?

just glad he doesn't use Campagnolo........

BumbleBeeDave
01-07-2013, 08:32 AM
. . . could bring us up to date. He's been known to visit here occasionally . . .

BBD

oldpotatoe
01-07-2013, 08:39 AM
. . . could bring us up to date. He's been known to visit here occasionally . . .

BBD

He's probably embarrassed.

BumbleBeeDave
01-07-2013, 08:39 AM
He's probably embarrassed.

I was more wondering if LA used an agent to buy the bike so nobody would know it's him!

BBD

christian
01-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Nick's a big fan of LA.

zap
01-07-2013, 09:59 AM
geez......

anyhow...........cool bike.....joining the camp :banana:

54ny77
01-07-2013, 10:41 AM
you're a framebuilder and lance comes to you to buy a frame. option a) tell him to take a hike, or b) it's business, and assuming customers aren't exactly beating down the door and offering to pay you 5x the going rate, accept the deposit to build a frame.

discuss.....:bike:

MattTuck
01-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Rockin' the Di2 as well.

Surprising, given that he's an investor in SRAM.

Wish it were me on that bike, in nice weather. Out the window of my office, I see .... SNOW. :(

cmg
01-07-2013, 10:46 AM
his shop carries Parlee. looks like he's riding a Z2/Z3.

christian
01-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Surprising, given that he's an investor in SRAM. He's divested his SRAM holdings, AFAIK.

his shop carries Parlee. looks like he's riding a Z2/Z3.Been discussed ATH. It's a Crumpton. http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/_____-________-now-riding-crumpton-29836.html

Mr Cabletwitch
01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Who cares?

I for one hope his life gets shattered like the lives of all the people he took down while trying to keep his secret. I could care less about the dope.

gemship
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
his shop carries Parlee. looks like he's riding a Z2/Z3.

yeah I was kind of wondering that too, I think it's pretty assuming that the bike is a Crumpton especially with no real decals to say so but some of you are much more observant of the lines to tell the differences than I.

"you're a framebuilder and lance comes to you to buy a frame. option a) tell him to take a hike, or b) it's business, and assuming customers aren't exactly beating down the door and offering to pay you 5x the going rate, accept the deposit to build a frame."

If I were Crumpton and that's the case I would be happy to make and sell a bike for anyone despite my personal feelings, these bikes aren't cheap and it's business. I would like to think most posters here no matter what their disgust for LA is are just having fun....:rolleyes:

gemship
01-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Who cares?

I for one hope his life gets shattered like the lives of all the people he took down while trying to keep his secret. I could less about the dope.

LA don't and neither do I. Given my economic situation I would gladly trade places with him. We all have redemption for our sins and time heals wounds.I think I could handle his fortune despite the hate out there. I think if I were him I am sure I could make new friends and being retired to heck with the ex fan base.

jmoore
01-07-2013, 11:02 AM
He went from too high socks to no socks. Maybe someday he'll get the proper height.

MattTuck
01-07-2013, 11:09 AM
you're a framebuilder and lance comes to you to buy a frame. option a) tell him to take a hike, or b) it's business, and assuming customers aren't exactly beating down the door and offering to pay you 5x the going rate, accept the deposit to build a frame.

discuss.....:bike:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGOVbXF7Iog&feature=player_detailpage#t=136s

laupsi
01-07-2013, 11:11 AM
where's the muscle tone in those spindly legs?

gemship
01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
where's the muscle tone in those spindly legs?

I asked myself the same thing and I still imagine him ripping any of our legs off at any given moment we attempted to keep up.

jbrainin
01-07-2013, 11:20 AM
He's certainly riding a Crumpton..

chismog
01-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Been discussed ATH. It's a Crumpton. http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/_____-________-now-riding-crumpton-29836.html

Ah, I missed that. 4 pages says it all I guess. :eek: Thanks to Pez we finally have a decent shot of the bike (which appears too be a Corsa M?).

I posted this thread only intending goodwill. imho it's pretty cool that the most famous cyclist ever picks your bike out of all others when he finally gets to choose. Props and publicity to Nick Crumpton, the man builds a fantastic frame.

I also thought the photo was interesting- the obvious switches off brands that LA helped build (he didn't just pull stickers off gear or tape over logos), the distinct lack of swooshes anywhere, and what looks to be a friggin' disguise with a mostly plain club cut jersey and no black socks. I think he could blend in a bit more with a Primal Wear shark jersey but otherwise he's pretty low pro.

The setup caught my eye too- sensible aluminum wheels, and a seatbag. Somehow it brings me a little joy that even the elite folks still have to fix their own flats.

William
01-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Alright Nick!!! :banana:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/It's_A_Wonderful_Life.jpg/250px-It's_A_Wonderful_Life.jpg

Zuzu: [after the picture of Lance was posted] Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a picture of Lance Armstrong is posted on the internet Nick Crumpton gets another sale.

George: That's right, that's right. Attaboy, Nick!

:)
William

gary_a_gooner
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
From his Strava site he rides a Crumpton Corsa Team & Moots Vamoots RSL. He must be glad that Trek dropped him...;)

54ny77
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
I wonder what kind of clipless petals Zuzu spec'd on that bike...

Alright Nick!!! :banana:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ab/It's_A_Wonderful_Life.jpg/250px-It's_A_Wonderful_Life.jpg

Zuzu: [after the picture of Lance was posted] Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a picture of Lance Armstrong is posted on the internet Nick Crumpton gets another sale.

George: That's right, that's right. Attaboy, Nick!

William

Black Dog
01-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Why is everyone assuming that the bike is his? Could it not be borrowed?

William
01-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I wonder what kind of clipless petals Zuzu spec'd on that bike...

Your Frogs will snap right in!!

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/245/865/353/353865245_885.jpg

;)
WIlliam

jpw
01-07-2013, 12:39 PM
From his Strava site he rides a Crumpton Corsa Team & Moots Vamoots RSL. He must be glad that Trek dropped him...;)

i wonder if that's why he took drugs?

BumbleBeeDave
01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
. . . if you beat him on a strava segment? :rolleyes:

BBD

nahtnoj
01-07-2013, 01:49 PM
Had it for a while. Edge logo on the fork gives the game away.

martinrjensen
01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm betting that's the Big Island. Looks just like ita doped up masters cyclist in so cal? no way!

Dave B
01-07-2013, 02:53 PM
I think it is cool. If I were a frame builder and Lance came to me and asked me to make him a bike I would be stoked.

Whether or not you like or hate Lance you have to admit he is/was a tremendous athlete. He knows how to ride a bike and he could have anything he wanted. He chose a Crumpton. That is effin cool as ****.

I know so many people hate everything he does, but he isn't all bad or all good. Lance doesn't give a **** about my problems so I chose not to sweat his much. Yeah it sucks he isn't the perfect hero that Nike, Trek, Oakley, etc made him to be. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be Lance. I doubt I would have handled that life as well.

He is riding a killer bike from a killer frame builder. Anything else said about it is the personal agenda of someone else.

jlwdm
01-07-2013, 03:02 PM
I am sure he has other brands of frames also. I remember he bought a bike or frame from Naked Cycles in British Columbia a few years ago.

Jeff

tiretrax
01-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I haven't been to Austin or in MJ's for a while. In addition to Trek, they have sold Pinarello's, Merckx, Colnago, Binachi, Cinelli, Naked, another urban style brand, had a stray Seven, and a few more I can't remember. That might be the same Crumpton I demo'd (it was a 57) - I was told it was a one off. I never saw any Specialized products in there, so he must have bought the shoes in HI.

dd74
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
LA don't and neither do I. Given my economic situation I would gladly trade places with him. We all have redemption for our sins and time heals wounds.I think I could handle his fortune despite the hate out there. I think if I were him I am sure I could make new friends and being retired to heck with the ex fan base.
+1. I think LA's gone through enough, and quite frankly, I'm bored with the whole subject of him.

Personally, I'm saving up my emotions for when he runs for political office.

soulspinner
01-08-2013, 05:11 AM
+1. I think LA's gone through enough, and quite frankly, I'm bored with the whole subject of him.

BumbleBeeDave
01-08-2013, 05:39 AM

. . . if he decided to do that--for either party--there would be people digging into his background that make Tygart and USADA look like the Bad News Bears.

BBD

oldpotatoe
01-08-2013, 07:13 AM
. . . if he decided to do that--for either party--there would be people digging into his background that make Tygart and USADA look like the Bad News Bears.

BBD

But it would be an office in Texas...so.....

Just kidding for any Texans out there....

dekindy
01-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Surprised nobody commented about the HED Ardennes.

William
01-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Surprised nobody commented about the HED Ardennes.

See post #11...
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=1269250&postcount=11

William

oldpotatoe
01-08-2013, 07:54 AM

Yep, Mellow Johnney's picked up Moots, altho not on their website..

I wonder if Moots knew 'that' frame was for Lance...I'll ask. But it's biz..the new owner can make the frame a lawn sculpture if they want.

beeatnik
01-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Didn't he inquire about a Vanilla a few years back? Don't recall if he moved forward with it but even in better times (PR-wise) he didn't go to the front of the queue. Still had to wait 5-8 years like err'one else.

bozman
01-08-2013, 05:04 PM
I think it is cool. If I were a frame builder and Lance came to me and asked me to make him a bike I would be stoked.

Whether or not you like or hate Lance you have to admit he is/was a tremendous athlete. He knows how to ride a bike and he could have anything he wanted. He chose a Crumpton. That is effin cool as ****.

I know so many people hate everything he does, but he isn't all bad or all good. Lance doesn't give a **** about my problems so I chose not to sweat his much. Yeah it sucks he isn't the perfect hero that Nike, Trek, Oakley, etc made him to be. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be Lance. I doubt I would have handled that life as well.

He is riding a killer bike from a killer frame builder. Anything else said about it is the personal agenda of someone else.

^this

if we didn't know who the rider was we would all be gushing about the bike. enough already.

azrider
01-08-2013, 09:02 PM

amen

sad when i see the same people spend so much energy hating on the dude, seems to me that'd be exhausting. different strokes.