PDA

View Full Version : OT: NHL hockey is finally back, and...

jeduardo
01-06-2013, 02:14 PM
...YES some of us still care.
Well all right, all right, all right...Let's see some more NJ Devil Magic!

thegunner
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
the magic is gone. it went with mr. parise to MN.

Bruce K
01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Call me after the Super Bowl and I'll see if I care

Sorry - I've really list interest with all their squabbling

BK

FlashUNC
01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
NHL lost me as a fan with this last work stoppage. Can't deal with Bettman and the idiot owners anymore.

4Rings6Stars
01-06-2013, 02:43 PM
I still care (though, not about the devils...)!

I just want to watch some hockey, I don't care about any of the politics.

boomana
01-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I'm a huge hockey fan, but just don't care about this year anymore.

johnniecakes
01-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Gave up on the NHL. We have an AHL team (Hershey) an hour away and an ECHL (Reading) team 15 minutes the other direction. Still see good hockey without a second mortgage and the large crowds

jemoryl
01-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Now the season will be just about the right length.

witcombusa
01-06-2013, 04:28 PM
We should get 50 games... the players will be well motivated.
Especially my boys.... :banana:

It's game ON!

jeduardo
01-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Seriously?!? Zach was a loss, but man going MN is akin to learning that your company has just restructured and though you're keeping your job/salary, effective immediately, you are being transferred to Caribou ME (no offense meant to people of Caribou) .
With, Kovalchuk, Elias, & Clarkson we will be just fine (Ilya & Clarkson had same #goals or better).

the magic is gone. it went with mr. parise to MN.

thegunner
01-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Seriously?!? Zach was a loss, but man going MN is akin to learning that your company has just restructured and though you're keeping your job/salary, effective immediately, you are being transferred to Caribou ME (no offense meant to people of Caribou) .
With, Kovalchuk, Elias, & Clarkson we will be just fine (Ilya & Clarkson had same #goals or better).

i don't think clarkson, kovalchuk, or elias are quite the leader that zach was...

Matthew
01-06-2013, 10:07 PM
So glad it is back. Not happy at all with the players or the owners but really don't care. Just want to watch some games. Go Blackhawks!!! Yes, I am a Hawks fan living in Red Wing country! Do enjoy watching them too. Can't wait. With the shortened season all of the games will matter. And I can't wait to hear the crowd at the presentation of the Stanley Cup no matter who gets to hoist it. The rafters will be shaking from the boos that Bettman will hear that night. Matthew.

jeduardo
08-15-2013, 11:43 AM
http://http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9570328

My beloved NJ Devils sale was finalized this morning and to some rich dudes from of all places, ...wait for it...F__king Philly (probably Flyer supporters @ heart) :mad::butt::mad:
Off season or not, this was terrible news for most Devil fans to read, and although I do understand that business is business, but a Philly guy, seriously?
Keeping the faith since my Devils (3x hoisters of Lord Stanley's hardware) will always belong to Jersey, & hopefully they will remain there (physically that is)

boconnor811
08-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Haven't followed this one that closely, but hope for the fans they stay.

cnighbor1
08-15-2013, 03:24 PM
once again the sharks will be picked for the Stanley cup finals
once again they will fall short
I say pro hockey teams in small market areas tend to not to get to finals series due to low fan pressure
Yes San Jose a big tech town but the SF paper hardy covers the sharks
I only get news paper coverage because the San jose paper also owns the one I get
Joe thorton is getting past his prime and the team is built around him
at least I grew up in Detroit and can switch to the red wings when needed
Charles

learningtoride
08-15-2013, 03:28 PM