PDA

View Full Version : Rapha Parklet

weaponsgrade
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/place/article/Split-opinion-on-SF-parklet-made-of-van-4170363.php#photo-3985926

I hope it stays.

BumbleBeeDave
01-06-2013, 01:19 PM
. . the local idea of public spaces is to put out derelict vehicles with benches installed? It says they so far have 38 of these sites around the city. Have there been any vandalism issues so far? Even if the Rapha store sponsor pays for maintenance, how do you provide maintenance after local kids bust out the windows on this old van?

BBD

FlashUNC
01-06-2013, 01:31 PM
. . the local idea of public spaces is to put out derelict vehicles with benches installed? It says they so far have 38 of these sites around the city. Have there been any vandalism issues so far? Even if the Rapha store sponsor pays for maintenance, how do you provide maintenance after local kids bust out the windows on this old van?

BBD

That's not exactly a fair characterization I think. The thing looks way nicer than a couple benches inside a heap.

And if the neighborhood kids bust out the windows, if they're responsible for maintenance, they'd have to get them replaced. Assuming, of course, they're not plexiglass already.

weaponsgrade
01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
The Rapha store is in the SF Marina district. It's a fancy 'hood and not exactly a low rent kinda place. The converted truck looks very nice. In addition to the wood seating area there are also a few built in cubbies w/ plants and flowers. The truck was found in a barn in France in 2010.

Lovetoclimb
01-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Looks like a nice feature to help wayward tourists like myself locate their store easier.

572cv
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Everyone should have a chance to know Citroens a little better.